Wiki Posts
Search

Can you only get one price reduction?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

I think I might have gotten one before (my current paperwork says "the total price for your flight is not available"), but I think the fare is even lower, so when I try to claim it it says something like "this flight is ineligible, blah, blah, please call") - before I call can someone confirm if it is just one reduction per flight (and blah blah means once I got off the page I had no recollection of the rest of the words ).

I've occasionally gotten "you already have the lowest fare", but this was different.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I think I might have gotten one before (my current paperwork says "the total price for your flight is not available"), but I think the fare is even lower, so when I try to claim it it says something like "this flight is ineligible, blah, blah, please call") - before I call can someone confirm if it is just one reduction per flight (and blah blah means once I got off the page I had no recollection of the rest of the words ).

I've occasionally gotten "you already have the lowest fare", but this was different.
I've gotten more than one low price guarantee on the same PNR. Just last week, I claimed my second for flights in October. IIRC, it was even the same segment that went down in price both times.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Same here- not a limit.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Was there a schedule change at one point on the itin? Seems everything goes wacky after one.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Yes, there was a schedule change. I had to pick a totally different time/flight number a month or so ago.

Duh, the light just went on. When the schedule change happened, they let me pick whatever flight I wanted, regardless of price. I picked the time I wanted, and yes, the flight was much more expensive than what I originally paid. So while in my mind I'm now comparing prices to my original flight, I guess I can't do that.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jul 10, 2014 at 7:49 am
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:40 am

Yes, you can. I recently was able to get 4 price reductions in one day on same itinerary. Not sure why price was changing so much, but not complaining! (And happy for having Yapta and TripIt Pro Alerts on different scanning schedules so they both could notify me as price changed)
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
Yes, you can. I recently was able to get 4 price reductions in one day on same itinerary. Not sure why price was changing so much, but not complaining! (And happy for having Yapta and TripIt Pro Alerts on different scanning schedules so they both could notify me as price changed)
4 in one day! Nice! I thought I was on top with 3.

+1 Yapta
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:06 pm

Yeah, I was excited. I was mid-air to, glad GoGo in flight was working else I would have missed out on the excitement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.