Wiki Posts
Search

Boardroom strategy for 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seahawkflyer
If anyone is looking just for BR access you can get the Amex Platinum for free for the first year for you and up to three additional card members. Includes the $200 in incidental fees (or gift cards), Global Entry (+Precheck), PP, and more. Not having the fee for the first year is a HUGE value.

Search - Ameriprise Amex Platinum Offer
This is basically what my wife and I have been doing so we always have BR access and Centurion club access for free...keep in mind that you can have two of these cards at the same time, so when you get to the 11th month of your first year, apply for a new first year free card and cancel the "old" card...rinse and repeat....this also gives us EACH $400 in AS credits every year. If you're looking for free BR access each year, this is really the way to go....I would never spend actual money on a BR membership.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
This is basically what my wife and I have been doing so we always have BR access and Centurion club access for free...keep in mind that you can have two of these cards at the same time, so when you get to the 11th month of your first year, apply for a new first year free card and cancel the "old" card...rinse and repeat....this also gives us EACH $400 in AS credits every year. If you're looking for free BR access each year, this is really the way to go....I would never spend actual money on a BR membership.
I have a feeling AMEX will find out a way to stop this soon like they did with sign up bonuses.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I have a feeling AMEX will find out a way to stop this soon like they did with sign up bonuses.
Possibly, but it's not unique to AMEX....every time I apply for a new AS BofA Visa, I've always received the 25,000 bonus miles....back when I flew UA, I would get their Chase Club card every year giving me free UA Club access....they're all basically the same....bonus or no bonus, the credit card companies are making money off us too....it's a win-win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.