FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   SEA: check-in behind security? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1589968-sea-check-behind-security.html)

lancexfang Jun 29, 2014 2:48 pm

SEA: check-in behind security?

Apologies as this probably belongs to the SEA forum, but I figured someone here would know the answer.

Am coming in on a delta flight and connecting on a separate Alaska ticket. For some reason I can't check in online. Is there any place where I can check in without having to go outside the security?

Thanks.

Chugach Jun 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

I believe there are still kiosks behind security. If not, the gate agent can do it.

PV_Premier Jun 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Just be mindful that the check in cutoff time for the airport still applies. So you'll want to see a CSR for check in before that time (T60 for SEA??)

beckoa Jun 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 23116895)
Just be mindful that the check in cutoff time for the airport still applies. So you'll want to see a CSR for check in before that time (T60 for SEA??)

T40.

Someone had this problem on a delayed SEA-ANC flight. The KS connection was lost- so rebooked on AS. But they didn't make the checkin window. (sounds like the KS agent booked the pax on the wrong flight to AKN). Not sure if they made it on the plane or not.

dc333 Jun 29, 2014 9:53 pm

SEA: check-in behind security?

I know there are one or two Alaska kiosks at the Horizon C2 gates, by the departure/arrival monitors at the end of C, and one at the service desk in D just past the Boardroom.

kwl747 Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by dc333 (Post 23117703)
I know there are one or two Alaska kiosks at the Horizon C2 gates, by the departure/arrival monitors at the end of C, and one at the service desk in D just past the Boardroom.

The customer service station in N concourse has kiosks as well.

TheChallenge Jun 29, 2014 11:42 pm

On the off chance your Delta flight originates in a city that also has Alaska service, you can likely check in there as well with a gate agent/ticketing counter.

Points Scrounger Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

In cases like this, if you see a gate agent for another flight who doesn't have people waiting, I've found them quite willing to help when I've explained the situation.

majortom421 Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Way back in the days when you didn't need a BP to pass security, I frequently checked in at the gate. It was usually fine as long as not too close too flight time in which case they would grumble a bit but still check me in. Only one time did they make me go back to the regular check in desk