Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

PDB improvements coming on mid/transcon flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDB improvements coming on mid/transcon flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Today, SEA-PHL, breakfast departure. Water bottles at seats with a later offer of coffee (no juice offered). I asked for and received a diet soda.

Today, PHL-SEA, dinner departure. Water at seats with later offer of coffee. Heard FA tell another guest that there were no substitutions - coffee or nothing.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Only water on ANC-LAS and LAS-SEA...

*Water ANC-LAS was from Eklutna Lake
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Jan. 26 EWR-SEA water bottles out, O.J., coffee or cup of water offered. SEA-ANC water bottles only. Water was from Dasani.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
1/28 sea - sfo PDB offered in addition to water.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
Today (1/27), SEA-PHL, breakfast departure. Water bottles at seats with a later offer of coffee (no juice offered). I asked for and received a diet soda.

Today (1/27), PHL-SEA, dinner departure. Water at seats with later offer of coffee. Heard FA tell another guest that there were no substitutions - coffee or nothing.

Yesterday, 1/28/15, SEA-PHL breakfast departure. Water bottles at seats, later an offer of coffee but not juice or any other beverages.

Yesterday, 1/28, PHL-SEA dinner departure. Great crew (same as the SEA-PHL previous day). Water bottles at seats, offer of coffee. Seatmate asked for a glass of wine, FA asked if he wanted red or white.

I must have whimpered a little because he said, "Make that two, please," and she graciously provided them for us.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:29 pm

No PDB even with half hour mechanical delay on today's SEA-PHL.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Is it that the crew feel "stressed" trying, or that management is unhappy with shelling out an "extra" drink?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:19 pm

And no PDB offered today on the return PHL-SEA.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Yesterday, 1/28/15, SEA-PHL breakfast departure. Water bottles at seats, later an offer of coffee but not juice or any other beverages.

Yesterday, 1/28, PHL-SEA dinner departure. Great crew (same as the SEA-PHL previous day). Water bottles at seats, offer of coffee. Seatmate asked for a glass of wine, FA asked if he wanted red or white.

I must have whimpered a little because he said, "Make that two, please," and she graciously provided them for us.
EDIT: Just saw the post on page 10 about maybe doing away with PDB's. That would be pretty bad if true. I am 100% on DL the past year since I started flying them.

Not sure why it is gracious when it is the service they are supposed to be providing.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by flytoeat
And no PDB offered today on the return PHL-SEA.
Your return crew on 1/29 was probably my SEA-PHL crew from the day before. If so, tgey weren't as enthusiastic as the crew that was on SEA-PHL 1/27 & back on 1/28. They were terrific.

Today AS #97 SEA-ANC -- No water at seats upon boarding and no PDB. And no obvious reason for lack o service.

FA camevby after takeoff with the big plastic crate of water bottles. She also came by wth snack mix packets that she carried in the large clear garbage bag that catering uses for delivery. Not tge most polished service I've encountered, but she's keeping the wine glasses and mimosa glasses (tumblers, actually!) topped off.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
No pdb on as 769 bos-san today. Water bottles were put out .we are on 30 min MX delay only 50 or so onboard so boarding was done extra early. WI'll fill out alaska listens
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL PM & AA Gold and other stuff
Just to beat a dead horse: on 554 right now. Had this Twitter exchange with @alaskair just now.

Eeb100k: @AlaskaAir what's your PDB policy in the F cabin?
@AlaskaAir: HI Eric, Sorry.....I'm not sure I know what you're referring to -Angel
Eeb100k: @AlaskaAir apparently neither do the FAs on this flight. Pre-Departure Beverage. DL does them on nearly every flight; you guys?
@AlaskaAir: Oh, gotcha. We don't offer PDB's at this time #Sorry -Angel

Oh well...
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eeb100k
Just to beat a dead horse: on 554 right now. Had this Twitter exchange with @alaskair just now.

Eeb100k: @AlaskaAir what's your PDB policy in the F cabin?
@AlaskaAir: HI Eric, Sorry.....I'm not sure I know what you're referring to -Angel
Eeb100k: @AlaskaAir apparently neither do the FAs on this flight. Pre-Departure Beverage. DL does them on nearly every flight; you guys?
@AlaskaAir: Oh, gotcha. We don't offer PDB's at this time #Sorry -Angel

Oh well...
Turned out the FA's DID know the policy then, didn't it?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Here's an idea for AS... give one tablet to a FA manning the F cabin for every flight and allow F PAX to pre-order meals online within 24 hrs from departure but allow PAX to choose PDBs within 30 mins from departure.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA
AS331, SFO-SEA, 4/10, 7pm:
Full PDB offered; I had a gin and tonic. FA was on the older side, and extremely proactive throughout the flight; felt like the PDB offering was more his habit than current policy.

AS320, SEA-SFO, 4/13, 6:10am:
Coffee offered from tray as only option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.