Wiki Posts
Search

Overhead Space size of carryon?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Overhead Space size of carryon?

AS says a carryon must not exceed: 10" x 17" x 24". I notice that my carryon will fit wheels out in the ovehead space almost all of the time, but there have been a few times when it would not when I have been up in FC. I think it fit on the opposite side of the plane but it has been too long now that I cannot recall for sure. It definitely works all the time in coach.

Is that 24" dimension meant to be such that ALL carryons should fit wheels out in all planes (of the 737-xxx variety, not obviously the Q-400)? If not, why not?
Can you imagine the rucus there would be if every passenger had to put their carry-on through a bag sizer prior to boarding?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ctporter
AS says a carryon must not exceed: 10" x 17" x 24". I notice that my carryon will fit wheels out in the ovehead space almost all of the time, but there have been a few times when it would not when I have been up in FC. I think it fit on the opposite side of the plane but it has been too long now that I cannot recall for sure. It definitely works all the time in coach.

Is that 24" dimension meant to be such that ALL carryons should fit wheels out in all planes (of the 737-xxx variety, not obviously the Q-400)? If not, why not?
Can you imagine the rucus there would be if every passenger had to put their carry-on through a bag sizer prior to boarding?
Due to the curvature of the plane. the first row or 2 of bins aren't as deep as the ones futher back. Especially that first bins on the left side

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.