FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Award ticket cancellation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1579112-award-ticket-cancellation.html)

agnivarsh May 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Award ticket cancellation

I understand that as MVP Gold if I booked an award (miles) ticket, and cancelled it at a later date, I would get my miles redeposited without any fees.

If I booked such a ticket for my wife (who is not a Gold member), or if I booked a ticket with me and my wife - what happens if I cancel?

I have heard that there is no penalty even for her. But I want to be sure.

beckoa May 21, 2014 11:27 pm

If they are your miles you'd get them refunded. If its her miles its $125.

And the partner fee $12.50 OW is not refunded, the other taxes are.

normcpa May 23, 2014 2:24 pm

I don't believe there are any fees if you cancel more than 60 days before the flight (with the possible exception of "partner fees"), but I'm not sure. (I just got off the phone with an agent, and I think that's what she said.)

beckoa May 23, 2014 7:47 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by normcpa
I don't believe there are any fees if you cancel more than 60 days before the flight (with the possible exception of "partner fees"), but I'm not sure. (I just got off the phone with an agent, and I think that's what she said.)

Correct- that was omitted above.

normcpa May 24, 2014 11:32 am

Originally Posted by agnivarsh (Post 22904494)
I understand that as MVP Gold if I booked an award (miles) ticket, and cancelled it at a later date, I would get my miles redeposited without any fees.

If I booked such a ticket for my wife (who is not a Gold member), or if I booked a ticket with me and my wife - what happens if I cancel?

When is MVPG status determined (to see if fees apply when canceling an award ticket more than 60 days out), when purchased or when canceled? I'm (hopefully) guessing it's when purchased.)

beckoa May 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by normcpa

Originally Posted by agnivarsh (Post 22904494)

When is MVPG status determined (to see if fees apply when canceling an award ticket more than 60 days out), when purchased or when canceled? I'm (hopefully) guessing it's when purchased.)

I know it works when you have MVPG when cnling - I changed a couple tickets booked as MVP. However I've maintained status ever since as Gold or higher, so can't answer the first part.