Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Apply unused Alaska ticket towards codeshare flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi there,

I have an unused Alaska ticket from a previous cancellation that I want to use towards a codeshare flight. The value of the ticket is about $120 and I'm hoping to be able to use it on a codeshare flight for two people who costs about $70 each.

When I called Alaska, they said that I can use apply the ticket to book codeshare flight, but only for one person. Essentially, I apply the $120 value towards the $70 ticket, and then get $50 balance back which I can deposit into my e-wallet or send to my email. However, this remaining $50 can only be used towards an Alaska-operated flight, not a codeshare flight, which means that I can't use it on the same flight for the second passenger.

Do you know if there're any workarounds for this? Could I use the remaining $50 to purchase an Alaska-operated flight, and then cancel it, and use the new unused ticket towards a codeshare flight?

I'm a MVP Gold if it matters.

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2014, 6:48 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by bernardcyc
Do you know if there're any workarounds for this? Could I use the remaining $50 to purchase an Alaska-operated flight, and then cancel it, and use the new unused ticket towards a codeshare flight?

I'm a MVP Gold if it matters.

Thanks!
no afaik, it just goes back into your my wallet or a flight credit and kicks the expiration date down the road a bit

Last edited by ANC; May 21, 2014 at 6:54 pm
Old May 21, 2014, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC
no afaik, it just goes back into your my wallet or a flight credit and kicks the expiration date down the road a bit
Right, I understand that the $50 will go back to my wallet or flight credit. What I'm thinking if after the $50 goes my to my wallet/ flight credit, I'll use it to book a cheap Alaska flight with the other person's name, and then cancel it right away.

Then when I cancel, I can probably opt to receive the credit in an unused ticket in the other person's name, and then I can use the new unused ticket to book a codeshare flight?

Are there any issues here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.