Quick ORD question

Old May 16, 14, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Quick ORD question

I haven't been to ORD in a long time, and I am looking at a trip that is going to require me to connect from UA to AS. I am trying to figure out if I can move between the UA and AA/AS terminal behind security - I found some fairly dated information that said it was possible, but before I booked tickets I wanted to be sure this was true. Has anyone done that recently?

Thanks!
Dan
Old May 16, 14, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AKDan View Post
I haven't been to ORD in a long time, and I am looking at a trip that is going to require me to connect from UA to AS. I am trying to figure out if I can move between the UA and AA/AS terminal behind security - I found some fairly dated information that said it was possible, but before I booked tickets I wanted to be sure this was true. Has anyone done that recently?

Thanks!
Dan
Yup.

I used to go from the SkyClub and then the AA Eagle gates all the time. Bit of a walk, but it's doable.
Old May 16, 14, 1:09 pm

Yes you can. Wear comfortable shoes and allow plenty of time to connect because you are literally walking from one side of the airport to another (T1 to T3).
Old May 16, 14, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime SkyClub
You should be fine.

Here's a link to the O'Hare website where (in the "Connecting Passengers" section) you can enter the arriving gate and departing gate and they'll give you directions (along with restroom information and other services).

http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/en/h...s/default.aspx
Old May 16, 14, 1:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
No problems connecting, all terminals connect behind security, so you'll be fine, just be prepared for a bit of a walk, potentially.

One of my favorite parts of ORD is the tunnel that connects C to B. The lights are dated, but still pretty cool, IMO. Alaska is in L, at least they were last time I flew in there, which was a couple years back, unfortunately. Unfortunate, because I actually do *REALLY* enjoy ORD.

Last edited by rybob1; May 16, 14 at 1:12 pm Reason: Clarification on what is unfortunate
Old May 16, 14, 4:33 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by rybob1 View Post
No problems connecting, all terminals connect behind security, so you'll be fine, just be prepared for a bit of a walk, potentially.

One of my favorite parts of ORD is the tunnel that connects C to B. The lights are dated, but still pretty cool, IMO. Alaska is in L, at least they were last time I flew in there, which was a couple years back, unfortunately. Unfortunate, because I actually do *REALLY* enjoy ORD.
They were at L1 but last time I was there they were using L5 but that may have been a temporary gate while L1 had maintenence done
Old May 16, 14, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by rybob1 View Post
No problems connecting, all terminals [EXCEPT T 5] connect behind security, so you'll be fine, just be prepared for a bit of a walk, potentially.
Old May 16, 14, 5:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
But isn't that the case at most International destinations? I've only flown back to the US into PDX, SEA & IAH, and all three required me to clear security again.
Old May 16, 14, 10:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
If you're normally a brisk walker, you might want to plan on moving a little slower. The connector between T1 and T2 has to be the hottest indoor space in the world short of a sauna (even in winter)!

Search this Thread