Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Please limit discussion in this thread to upcoming Boardroom(s) to the SEA N Terminals. www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1602028-sea-n-gate-saga.html pertains to the actual utility of the N terminal itself.
Print Wikipost

Temporary N BR coming soon?

Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
North Terminal Boardroom?

We have been hearing for over four years on how boardroom services are going to be provided to the north terminal.

Recently found out there will be more delays before the North Terminal has a boardroom. Serveral years in fact. The United lounge is going to be taken over by the Airport for construction.

Any creative ideas on how Alaska should proceede on getting some boardroom coverage to the North Terminal?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Largely discussed in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...te-saga-2.html
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ChuckArtic
We have been hearing for over four years on how boardroom services are going to be provided to the north terminal.

Recently found out there will be more delays before the North Terminal has a boardroom. Serveral years in fact. The United lounge is going to be taken over by the Airport for construction.

Any creative ideas on how Alaska should proceede on getting some boardroom coverage to the North Terminal?
See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ts-2016-a.html

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...board+room+sea
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ChuckArtic

Please provide your sources. AS has publicly stated that they are converting the UA club to use until the new BR opens.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Please provide your sources. AS has publicly stated that they are converting the UA club to use until the new BR opens.
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
AS was just made aware that the old UA club location is no longer available, however they are actively evaluating another space up on the departure level itself that could potentially be used as a temporary BR location until the N Satellite renovation and expansion project is completed.

And this one actually has windows!
'Fraid so.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AS 75k, Starwood
I was just reflecting on the worst part of having a departure out of N Gates. At first I though of the crowding, but it's got to be the train. Food options are also limited.

What's your top three problems with N Gates?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Had several N - N connections in SEA that are around the one hour mark. Doesn't make sense to trek to the BR so I end up just standing around while people sit all over the floor all around the gates. A temp BR would be nice but it sounds like it's going to be several months away
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by seekinghelp
The train, two bathrooms(!!) and the fact that AS agents will not call to the QX C gates to let them know they have a pax coming.

That almost got me burned twice this year: once due to a medical emergency/late departure and the other was due to a mechanical delay. Both times I was the last person on the QX plane, despite booking a 1:10-1:30 connection. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I know how fast I can walk. Having to stand around waiting for a train to show up (even if they run every two minutes) feels like I'm wasting time.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by seekinghelp
Originally Posted by tusphotog
The train, two bathrooms(!!) and the fact that AS agents will not call to the QX C gates to let them know they have a pax coming.
+1. The QX Connection via the train is the biggest IMHO. I myself have had to run to catch a connection. AS Ops really needs to be much better at getting gate agents or the customer service counter in N to talk with or call the customer service counter across from the C2 QX gates to communicate tight connections. Also, not sure what the short and long-term plan is with the QX flights arriving in N. A few times it seems I've had the reverse: arriving at N12 to connect to a flight departing out of C9. Perhaps the expansion/remodel of N will solve this, but AS ops will need to sharpen their pencils - and their game - in the meantime.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

QX in N is just during the renovation of C2 ramps right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.