Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
The Club in Las Vegas

Anyone else like this club? One of the best domestic partner clubs out there IMO.

Cheese tray, vegetable tray (broccoli, celery, carrots, cucumbers), various mini sandwiches, various bags of chips, pita/hummus, rolls fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges) and 2 kinds of soups.

Decent alcohol selection as well with attentive staff.

Wish Alaska would take some notes for their Board Rooms.

Last edited by apodo77; May 8, 2014 at 2:59 pm
Old May 8, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Is it accessible as BR member on DL or AA ticket?
Old May 8, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
Anyone else like this club? One of the best domestic partner clubs out there IMO.

Cheese tray, vegetable tray (broccoli, celery, carrots, cucumbers), various mini sandwiches, various bags of chips, pita/hummus, rolls fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges) and 2 kinds of soups.

Decent alcohol selection as well with attentive staff.

Wish Alaska would take some notes for their Board Rooms.
I believe they have showers as well. They also told me I could bring 6 guests in with me.
Old May 8, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by PDX973
I believe they have showers as well. They also told me I could bring 6 guests in with me.
The shower is correct. Not sure about the guests but when I checked in they asked if I had any guests.

There was a Virgin Atlantic and British Airways flights about to depart and got pretty crowded but the staff was still great. Go around and refill drinks and pick up trash constantly.
Old May 8, 2014, 5:25 pm

Hi -

Yes, this club is head and shoulders above the others. It's a bit of a hike from the AS gates; I suspect it was geared more for the Int'l departures.

Your AS BR card will get you in, with or without an AS flight.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
When I was there, after "lunch service" was underway, the staff who were clearing dishes were asking guests if they'd like anything brought to their seats. They're a total blast, and have a great sense of humor, too!
Old May 9, 2014, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
When I was there, after "lunch service" was underway, the staff who were clearing dishes were asking guests if they'd like anything brought to their seats. They're a total blast, and have a great sense of humor, too!
I never got up once for a refill.

Also after they announced the Mexicana and British Airways flights for boarding some of the staff line up at the front door and thank everyone for their business and a safe flight.

Been in there a few times and it is the same group always working. Very good people.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Here's the "lounge report" I posted on The Club at LAS about a year ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20505785-post9.html
Old May 10, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
The LAS lounge is great. It's a close second to the YVR Plaza Premium Lounge (the old BR). I wish the hours were better though--you're out of luck if you're on the early morning flights.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Random question, does the club still serve complimentary drinks? If so is it a decent bar selection? (I have to ask now because of places like the Sky Club with 2 beers and some bottom shelf liquor, everything else is "premium")
Old May 13, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Random question, does the club still serve complimentary drinks? If so is it a decent bar selection? (I have to ask now because of places like the Sky Club with 2 beers and some bottom shelf liquor, everything else is "premium")
Everything is complimentary. Didn't see all the liquors (big selection) but some were:

Vodka: Absolut and Smirnoff
Bailey's
Jack Daniels
Crown Royale
Scotch: Glenlivet, Dewars, Johnny Walker Red
Old May 13, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
It works. No one is ever in the computer/work room so it is a quiet place to get work done. The tea is awful (for a BA lounge), but the snacks are decent. This lounge is at the opposite end of where my AS flight departed from, so keep this in mind when lollygagging in the lounge.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
I just left this lounge and only spent a half hour in it. The other half hour was walking to and from gate E2 where the lounge is to gate E15. Seriously, it is a very nice lounge and was deserted at 8:30 am on a Tuesday, only one other person. I didn't partake of any food or beverage selection, but did enjoy the glassed off work room as another poster had mentioned, it was like having a private office in an airport lounge!

There were snacks on offer, although I couldn't see what they were very clearly. They assured us at check in that everything was complimentary, and the restroom included a shower (only one I believe). Several different rooms, a coat check/luggage storage room, plenty of TV's. It gives some BR's a run for their money, I think.
Old May 13, 2014, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by AKDan
It gives some BR's a run for their money, I think.
What an understatement!
Old May 13, 2014, 6:37 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by AKDan
. It gives some BR's a run for their money, I think.
Most DL skyclubs make the board room look like a bad joke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.