Running Out Of Food

Old May 6, 14, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Running Out Of Food

My wife was on flight 84 today and was seated around row 25. By the time the food service cart reached her, they were out of everything but the mediterranean picnic pack. What gives? Unexpected fun on the burgers and cheese/fruit plates?
Old May 6, 14, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChugiakAk View Post
My wife was on flight 84 today and was seated around row 25. By the time the food service cart reached her, they were out of everything but the mediterranean picnic pack. What gives?
Causes of lack of food choices:
1. Lunch time flight
2. Row 25 on a 739.

I just think people were hungry given the time of day and length of the flight. Nuff said.
Old May 6, 14, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
Causes of lack of food choices:
1. Lunch time flight
2. Row 25 on a 739.

I just think people were hungry given the time of day and length of the flight. Nuff said.
And one would think that the airline would account for the time of day and length of the flight. And maybe this flight ran way above historical averages for meal purchases.
Old May 6, 14, 10:14 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
And one would think that the airline would account for the time of day and length of the flight. And maybe this flight ran way above historical averages for meal purchases.
They may not have accounted for just how much people like that burger!

I always get the Mediterranean Picnic Pack ....UNLESS they are serving the burger
Old May 6, 14, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by missydarlin View Post

I always get the Mediterranean Picnic Pack ....UNLESS they are serving the burger
Oh, she was ok. Just gave her the opportunity to get some fish and chips while waiting for a connection at SEA .
Old May 7, 14, 12:31 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
US allows you to pre-order a meal, so that it's available when the FA's get to you. Perhaps AS should do the same thing (although I have no idea if AA will continue the practice after the merger is complete).
Old May 7, 14, 12:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titan, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
When I flew SEA-SAN earlier this year an FA told me that they regularly ran out despite the fact that she and others kept reporting it. On that flight the last 10 rows of coach never had a chance.
Old May 7, 14, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

I can't believe I turned down the burger on AS12 today SEA-BOS

But enjoyed a nice double stack at Fuddruckers instead after I felt better
Old May 8, 14, 10:36 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Given the obvious love and popularity of that darn cheeseburger, why doesn't AS offer it more frequently, or better yet, solely? For me, I actually look forward to it when I see it is on the menu for my flight. And you can't say that often about airline food.
Old May 8, 14, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA (PLT/3MM/Admirals Club), AS (MVPG), UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors, Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
US allows you to pre-order a meal, so that it's available when the FA's get to you. Perhaps AS should do the same thing (although I have no idea if AA will continue the practice after the merger is complete).
AA does pre-orders in F class today (started a little before the merger). No pre-orders for Y.
Old May 8, 14, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by makfan View Post
AA does pre-orders in F class today (started a little before the merger). No pre-orders for Y.
*worked well ex-NRT so I could get the Japanese meal
Old May 9, 14, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
Running Out Of Food

Bring your own damned food!!!
Old May 9, 14, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA (PLT/3MM/Admirals Club), AS (MVPG), UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors, Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by Tony10s View Post
Bring your own damned food!!!
Well, sure, because nothing ever goes wrong.
  • The TSA never confiscates any sort of food at the checkpoint.
  • Your first flight is always on time, leaving plenty of time to buy food before your connecting flight.
  • You never have to fly standby, wherein you feel like you shouldn't go very far from the gate in case that is the exact moment where they call your name.

I mostly do try to bring my own food when I'm not up front, but sometimes things go badly.
Old May 9, 14, 10:10 pm

It has been tested at AS on certain routes and the general consensus I keep hearing is it was well-received and could be rolled out systemwide.
Old May 10, 14, 1:55 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
It has been tested at AS on certain routes and the general consensus I keep hearing is it was well-received and could be rolled out systemwide.
Excellent. Another NOE move

Search this Thread