Missing KLM destinations on alaska website

Old Apr 26, 14, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Gold);
Missing KLM destinations on alaska website

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't seem to pull up some of KLM's destinations on alaska air's website when trying to book an award. Specifically I was looking for DLM (Dalaman) in Turkey, which shows up on KLM.com. Mileage Plan points can be used on KLM intra-Europe, so I know that couldn't be it. Could it be the flight numbers serving DLM aren't eligible? Any thoughts please let me know.
Old Apr 26, 14, 11:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by banffflyr View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't seem to pull up some of KLM's destinations on alaska air's website when trying to book an award. Specifically I was looking for DLM (Dalaman) in Turkey, which shows up on KLM.com. Mileage Plan points can be used on KLM intra-Europe, so I know that couldn't be it. Could it be the flight numbers serving DLM aren't eligible? Any thoughts please let me know.
Where do you see it on KLM's site? It's not listed on their destinations page: http://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/destinations/index.htm
Old Apr 27, 14, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Gold);
Its in the list of destinations that appear when you complete the "To" field under the flight search. A number of other Turkish airports appear, all of which seem to be serviced by Pegasus, a codeshare partner of KLM. Could the codeshare be the reason these airports don't appear on Alaska's website?
Old Apr 27, 14, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Yes. It's the 'partners of partners' thing.
Old Apr 27, 14, 11:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Yep...likely a destination served by something other than KLM metal (likely Transavia).
Old Apr 27, 14, 8:33 pm

Programs: United, Hilton
You checked off "Use Miles" button, right? Cities that AS does not serve won't pop up unless you have that checked. However, it's possible that really small destinations won't pop up no matter what, and you may have to call Partner Desk.
Old Apr 28, 14, 6:47 am

According to the Wikipedia page for DLM, KL does not fly there. The only dutch carriers are Arkefly and Transavia. I cannot even get the KLM website to show any valid itineraries with DLM as a destination.

Best bet is probably to get to IST on KL or AF (or maybe BA), and then pick up a TK ticket to DLM for cash.

Search this Thread