alaska airline refundable ticket

Old Apr 22, 14, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

alaska airline refundable ticket

If I purchase the refundable ticket and I cancel 24 hours before the flight, can I get 100% refund back to my credit card?

Is there any service fee charged, if I cancel it through the customer service representative of the call center?

Thanks for your comment in advance.

Kevin
Old Apr 23, 14, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by kclin View Post
If I purchase the refundable ticket and I cancel 24 hours before the flight, can I get 100% refund back to my credit card?

Is there any service fee charged, if I cancel it through the customer service representative of the call center?

Kevin
Welcome to the posting side of Flyertalk kclin ^ Quite the run.

There shouldn't be any charges, but can take over 7 business days to have the $ returned to your card.
Old Apr 23, 14, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by kclin View Post

Kevin
The ticket itself is refundable with 24hrs of purchase, and there are no service fees when booking on alaskaair.com.

However if you were also charged a $15 ticketing fee by booking with a Reservations Sales Agent over the phone, that ticketing fee is non-refundable.
Old Apr 24, 14, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, Starwood Rewards
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post

There shouldn't be any charges, but can take over 7 business days to have the $ returned to your card.

I just figured out what you meant by "qiute the run". No kidding that was quite the run! 8 years and that was his first post!!

To the OP, if you're an MVPG or higher all tickets are refundable. That's one of my favorite features.
Old Apr 25, 14, 1:16 am
Original Poster

thanks for your answers

Yes. I have lost in FB before I come back to flyertalk for the past years. I am happy to see you the loyal members.
Old Apr 25, 14, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by gaiusbaltar
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post

I just figured out what you meant by "qiute the run". No kidding that was quite the run! 8 years and that was his first post!!

To the OP, if you're an MVPG or higher all tickets are refundable. That's one of my favorite features.
Well not 'refundable' but one can change or deposit to mywallet for no fee as an MVPG+
Old Apr 26, 14, 9:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm confused. I thought the OP said he bought a refundable ticket. So would it not be refundable right up to before departure - and he wants to cancel 24 hours before?

He's not asking about getting a refund within 24 hours of purchase - which would only matter if it was a non-refundable ticket anyway, right?
Old Apr 26, 14, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), now an Elite Peon
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
I'm confused. I thought the OP said he bought a refundable ticket. So would it not be refundable right up to before departure - and he wants to cancel 24 hours before?

He's not asking about getting a refund within 24 hours of purchase - which would only matter if it was a non-refundable ticket anyway, right?
I think you're correct. In that case, you can cancel anytime before or even, AFAIK, after departure and still retain the value of the ticket, which can be refunded at any time. Regardless, refunding 24 hours before departure won't be an issue IF it's a Full Flex (full Y class or full F class) ticket.

Search this Thread