Search

AA Mileage Credit When Used an eVIP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
AA Mileage Credit When Used an eVIP

I used my friend's eVIP to upgrade my AA itinerary. It seems to have affected the receipt and shows I paid nothing, when in fact it was a revenue ticket. Does anyone have any experience getting mileage credit after an AA eVIP has been used?

It still has not posted to my mileage account and it has been about 3 weeks.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
I have done this to 3 rts using SWUs (total of 13 segments) and had to manually request credit for about half. I've often had issues with partner segments posting, but more than usual after applying AA ug instruments.

After 3 weeks I would send in a mileage request.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
You should be able to get the original amount paid by going to aa.com/refunds and enter your ticket number.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catmndu
You should be able to get the original amount paid by going to aa.com/refunds and enter your ticket number.
This doesn't work because it looks like they re-issued the ticket when I used the SWU. So the original ticket number is not on the boarding pass.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Originally Posted by catmndu
This doesn't work because it looks like they re-issued the ticket when I used the SWU. So the original ticket number is not on the boarding pass.
Do you have an email with the old #? I know w/ AS if one puts in old numbers it pulls up the current itinerary. Perhaps this will be true of AA and it will show the original amount paid. Note you're not refunding, but shows coupon status and such.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Got them to manually put it in. Also they accept bag tags as proof of journey if you lost your boarding passes. I had another AA domestic flight, no eVIP's or anything and that never credited. Is AA always this troublesome with crediting to MileagePlan?
Old May 4, 2014, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Got them to manually put it in. Also they accept bag tags as proof of journey if you lost your boarding passes. I had another AA domestic flight, no eVIP's or anything and that never credited. Is AA always this troublesome with crediting to MileagePlan?
No.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:48 am

I've always had to send in a request when using an eVIP, but never had a problem getting it to post.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Is this still an issue? Used eVIPS on my parents JFK-LAX and no credit to be found, been 10 days. Changed to AS number in the AC lounge prior to takeoff.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by frudd38
Is this still an issue? Used eVIPS on my parents JFK-LAX and no credit to be found, been 10 days. Changed to AS number in the AC lounge prior to takeoff.
Id check to see if the points posted in their AA accounts (assuming you realize they get the points not you) its happened before on last minute changes to frequent flyer number.

If that's not it, after 14 days they can start the missing miles process

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...st-credit.aspx
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Never had an issue getting the miles to credit to my AS account when using a SWU.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
My miles posted correctly for this fall for flights I used an eVIP on ^
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Id check to see if the points posted in their AA accounts (assuming you realize they get the points not you) its happened before on last minute changes to frequent flyer number.

If that's not it, after 14 days they can start the missing miles process

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...st-credit.aspx
Thanks, I have been checking both and nada.. guess I'll wait it out for now, just didn't want to forget about it.

Update, posted in about 9-10 days.

Last edited by frudd38; Jul 1, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:21 pm

Is it possible to get an comp upgrade and still switch/credit to AS? Or does the comp upgrade get removed if you take your AA number off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.