Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
On the Sunday night after your status changes in the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan system, your new status will be applied to the reservations system (SABRE). The updated status will then flow into Alaska and other airlines' reservations gradually during the day on Monday.

There should not be a need to have your FF# deleted and re-entered.

You should see your status level appearing next to your name in the reservation displays. The display update may also lag behind what reservation agents can see.

Your position on the upgrade waitlist should also be then reflected correctly, although it has not been confirmed if 75Ks are actually moved onto the "priority" request queue for 75Ks. You may want to call in and verify.
Print Wikipost

Just Made MVP Gold.....Or Did I?

Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:32 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K, United 1K
Posts: 33
Has anyone had any recent experience with this problem or has it mostly been fixed?
PandaMVP is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:49 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by PandaMVP
Has anyone had any recent experience with this problem or has it mostly been fixed?
I hit MVP Gold on 11/1. It was reflected in all my pre-booked flights within 2 weeks, on both App and Website. Since I was 1/15 on the UG list for my flight last week, I would assume it had waitlisted based on my new status already, because I doubt I would have been that high on a Friday flight on a new -800 as just MVP.
rm456 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:39 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Posts: 347
I think the problem is currently worse. My wife was G75k last year. She re-qualified for 75k with flights on Dec 29th, however they didn't post within 2 days like usual. So, on Jan 1 she was bumped down to Gold. Flights posted on Jan 3, but no automatic status change. Called MVP Cust Service, and they fixed it manually. However, as of today (1/16!) SABRE apparently still shows her as Gold. She's already had 1 RT this year as a 75k but without the 75k benefits, and another booked at the end of the month.

Apparently, two Sunday sweeps should have passed and applied G75 to her reservations, but so far, nothing.

Seriously, Alaska. This is ridiculous. For a 75k flyer who re-qualified, losing nearly a month of status (and the associated benefits) sucks. If you're not going to promptly post miles and update status, you should at least extend status until the end of January so everything can credit properly and you avoid issues like this that severely annoy your loyal customers.

(I should also mention, this is impacting me and my daughter, who re-qualified for MVPG on those flights but are currently only showing as MVP in the reservations system.)
seadan is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:37 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bothell, WA
Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Posts: 79
Is this still a known issue? My miles just credited last night from my flights on 10/7, however, my status is still showing MVP instead of Gold. I also have flights this and next weekend still showing my previous status.
bosca418 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:15 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,531
Originally Posted by bosca418
Is this still a known issue? My miles just credited last night from my flights on 10/7, however, my status is still showing MVP instead of Gold. I also have flights this and next weekend still showing my previous status.
i was wondering the same thing. My 10/6-10-7 flights posted last night but app/site still says MVP. I'm guessing it might take the system a day or so to update????
atcanobbio is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:15 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bothell, WA
Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i was wondering the same thing. My 10/6-10-7 flights posted last night but app/site still says MVP. I'm guessing it might take the system a day or so to update????
I called and they were able to change my tier status online but normally takes 24hours or so. Regarding current reservations being updated according to them will take 48 hours and understand that this was an issue for elite members in the years past. I guess I'll wait and see. I have flights this weekend and hopefully I can get upgraded at my new window.
bosca418 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:21 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,531
Originally Posted by bosca418
I called and they were able to change my tier status online but normally takes 24hours or so. Regarding current reservations being updated according to them will take 48 hours and understand that this was an issue for elite members in the years past. I guess I'll wait and see. I have flights this weekend and hopefully I can get upgraded at my new window.
thanks for the info. Thankfully, no trips for me on AS until the 28th of this month. I do have some flights to HNL on AA next weekend. I hope my status updates by then so i can get my appropriate elite bonus
atcanobbio is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:43 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SEA
Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 2,036
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I hope my status updates by then so i can get my appropriate elite bonus
If it doesn't, call in and see if you can get the elite bonus added manually. I had success with that when I first hit MVP and then flew again a few days later, before my status was recognized by the system.
jinglish is offline  
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:07 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PNW
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,531
just a data point here:

my existing reservations finally show my updated status. it was done automatically. So it took about 3 days after account showed my new status.
atcanobbio is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:47 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SAN
Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Posts: 2,933
Bumping an ancient thread. Just checked in and quite surprised at the waitlist order for todays flight. Been a long time since Ive had a record where status changes since booking. Does one still need to call to reflect higher status on the airport list?
Erasmus is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:39 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,071
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Bumping an ancient thread. Just checked in and quite surprised at the waitlist order for todays flight. Been a long time since Ive had a record where status changes since booking. Does one still need to call to reflect higher status on the airport list?
AS Reservations / Customer Care do not have the ability to refresh the status on your reservations as it is a completely automated process that sweeps for status changes.

In the past people reported success by removing and reapplying the MP number to the reservation, but this does not actually work.

Your best luck is to show proof of your status to the gate agent and explain the situation, and the gate agent may be able to accommodate correctly repositioning you on the gate controlled upgrade list.
anteater is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:45 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SAN
Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Posts: 2,933
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
AS Reservations / Customer Care do not have the ability to refresh the status on your reservations as it is a completely automated process that sweeps for status changes.

In the past people reported success by removing and reapplying the MP number to the reservation, but this does not actually work.

Your best luck is to show proof of your status to the gate agent and explain the situation, and the gate agent may be able to accommodate correctly repositioning you on the gate controlled upgrade list.
To be clear, the current status is showing in the reservation (in my recent experience it updates ~48 hours after new status is reflected in the account) and prints on the BP. My question is whether the upgrade queue order is accurate. I tried buying another ticket on the same flight to see where the second ticket showed up on the upgrade list (obviously, if it was above the current listing that would confirm an incorrect order) but while AS IT is not smart enough to prevent you from buying two tickets on the same flight, it does not allow one to appear twice on the upgrade list... unfortunately I do not know any other 75ks for whom I could buy a test ticket.
Erasmus is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:02 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,071
Originally Posted by Erasmus
To be clear, the current status is showing in the reservation (in my recent experience it updates ~48 hours after new status is reflected in the account) and prints on the BP. My question is whether the upgrade queue order is accurate. I tried buying another ticket on the same flight to see where the second ticket showed up on the upgrade list (obviously, if it was above the current listing that would confirm an incorrect order) but while AS IT is not smart enough to prevent you from buying two tickets on the same flight, it does not allow one to appear twice on the upgrade list... unfortunately I do not know any other 75ks for whom I could buy a test ticket.
Yes, once your new status is reflected on your reservation it is also carried over to the upgrade waitlist. Whether or not a waitlist is actually displayed correctly I cannot say.

If there is another 75K above you they may have a higher fare class or time on waitlist was longer than you. For example, if you both purchase the same fare class ticket at the time date and time, they were already on the 75K waitlist and you recently were moved to the 75K waitlist, so all other factors being equal your position would be below theirs since you had been not been on the 75K list prior.
anteater is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:06 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SAN
Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Posts: 2,933
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
If there is another 75K above you they may have a higher fare class or time on waitlist was longer than you. For example, if you both purchase the same fare class ticket at the time date and time, they were already on the 75K waitlist and you recently were moved to the 75K waitlist, so all other factors being equal your position would be below theirs since you had been not been on the 75K list prior.
Interesting point. It hadn't occurred to me that the time of request might be reset to when my status updated--my understanding was that time of request was separate from status, and one could be reset without the other. But I can see how an implementation that manages it as "separate" lists might act as you describe--basically guaranteeing I'm the last 75K on the list (in my fare class) regardless of when tickets were actually purchased.
Erasmus is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:08 pm
  #105  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,071
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Interesting point. It hadn't occurred to me that the time of request might be reset to when my status updated--my understanding was that time of request was separate from status, and one could be reset without the other. But I can see how an implementation that manages it as "separate" lists might act as you describe--basically guaranteeing I'm the last 75K on the list (in my fare class) regardless of when
tickets were actually purchased.
Time of request may be reset, might not, but the tie-breaker assuming all else is equal would be that the other party was originally a 75K already on the list, even if the system logic was to backdate you as a 75K. Its all proprietary so we gleam and deduce what we can.

I doesnt hurt to ask the gate agent if you are showing up correctly on the upgrade list.
Erasmus likes this.
anteater is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.