Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
On the Sunday night after your status changes in the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan system, your new status will be applied to the reservations system (SABRE). The updated status will then flow into Alaska and other airlines' reservations gradually during the day on Monday.

There should not be a need to have your FF# deleted and re-entered.

You should see your status level appearing next to your name in the reservation displays. The display update may also lag behind what reservation agents can see.

Your position on the upgrade waitlist should also be then reflected correctly, although it has not been confirmed if 75Ks are actually moved onto the "priority" request queue for 75Ks. You may want to call in and verify.
Print Wikipost

Just Made MVP Gold.....Or Did I?

Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Just went and put my number into all the upcoming res, clicked request for Complimentary upgrade (thanks, I might have missed that).

So glad this is FINALLY done.

My experience might help someone else...on this last try, I didn't give the whole backstory ("someone told me to do this", "I think I'm supposed to", "I heard I had to"...) - I just said, I'd like you to remove my FF number from these upcoming reservations. Part way through she did ask "are you going to be putting another number in" and I said yes, but first I need these removed, not giving her a chance to tell me I didn't need to do this.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
My experience might help someone else...on this last try, I didn't give the whole backstory ("someone told me to do this", "I think I'm supposed to", "I heard I had to"...) - I just said, I'd like you to remove my FF number from these upcoming reservations. Part way through she did ask "are you going to be putting another number in" and I said yes, but first I need these removed, not giving her a chance to tell me I didn't need to do this.
^^^ That's exactly the right way to handle it.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
My call about a week ago to take out the number and put it back in did the trick on the first of my existing flight reservations to occur after making Gold.

Was upgraded at the 72 hour mark and just selected our seats in F.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Starwood
Originally Posted by jackal
^^^ That's exactly the right way to handle it.
+1
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
I see the wiki post suggests that this issue has been addressed. Has anyone had any good (i.e. upgrades at T-120 75k window) experiences when moving from Gold to 75K without removing and re-entering their FF# for already-booked flights?

IOW, I see that it should be fixed now, but can anyone confirm that it actually is?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
I hit 75K on Wednesday the 28th. I will keep an eye on my upgrades on the 1st and the 8th. I am not going to re add my number as the route is usually empty.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
I will keep an eye on my upgrades on the 1st and the 8th.
Thanks! Results on the 1st probably won't be dispositive since the 75k window is so soon after you hit status, but hearing about the outcome of the return flight should be instructive.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:12 am

Qualification flight was Wednesday 28th at 5pm. Miles and MVPG 75K posted October 2nd at 8am. Next waitlisted flight is October 8th at 8pm. I am not going to re add my number. I'm thinking I should see that I was upgraded either Monday night or Tuesday morning.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:12 am

Email just came through seconds ago notifying me that I was upgraded for saturdays flight T-109. Reservation for this week changed my MP number from "Alaska ### - Gold" to "Alaska ### - Gold 75K"
Next three weeks flights do not have updated MP number.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:13 pm

My 75K status and miles also posted early 10/2, but my MP number is still showing "Gold" rather than "Gold 75K" on all flights, including the one I'm taking this Saturday morning.

I appreciate your help with this investigation; thanks again.

I had them remove my number from Saturday's flight, re-added it, and now I show up as 75K. I'll see how long it takes for my other reservations to update to show 75K (if they do!)

Last edited by Kufat; Oct 4, 2016 at 5:44 pm Reason: add last line
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:11 pm

Remaining reservations updated late today, about 3 days after my status posted and 1 week after the flight that qualified me for 75K.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by Kufat
I see the wiki post suggests that this issue has been addressed. Has anyone had any good (i.e. upgrades at T-120 75k window) experiences when moving from Gold to 75K without removing and re-entering their FF# for already-booked flights?

IOW, I see that it should be fixed now, but can anyone confirm that it actually is?
My upgrade request was changed from MVP to Gold about two weeks after I bumped up in status last month.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:07 pm

Update: Reservations for October 19 and 26 still have old gold number. Today's flight purchase for November 2nd has 75K.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:54 pm

Upgrade for 10/15 just processed. Looks like even though the MP number was 75K it was treated like Gold.
At this point if you really want the upgrade, make sure your number is removed and re added.

Last edited by Idaho Territory; Oct 13, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Old Oct 13, 2016, 5:01 pm

Thanks once again for the detailed info. On my last two flights, I was upgraded after T-24 (appearing on top of the list for a while) but before the flight went to gate control. I think this means that this concern:

Your position on the upgrade waitlist should also be then reflected correctly, although it has not been confirmed if 75Ks are actually moved onto the "priority" request queue for 75Ks.
may be valid and we might be getting 75K tratment on the WL but not the RQ. Think so?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.