Search

Anyone ever been Kicked Out of Row 6?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Anyone ever been Kicked Out of Row 6?

I routinely like to choose the bulkhead, and lots of times seat 6C because its always open. As many of you know, that seat is designated for passengers with disabilities and the message always pops up that I may be reassigned if necessary, which I would't mind at all. However in all my AS flights it's never happened. Has it ever happened to anyone on here and just how common is getting kicked out of 6C?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I was relocated from 6D to 6E on a PDX-KOA flight several years ago. Was sad to not have an UG that flight (delayed too)
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Before I had status on AS, when I would book a flight, I would have to call in to be assigned 6C (I am a pax with a disability). I never knew if it was reserved already as it was blocked to me as a non-status passenger, so I always wondered if someone had been displaced. Now my upgrade percentage is pretty much 100%, plus I am always able to select row 6 now anyway so it doesn't matter.

So to answer your question, it definitely happens.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Yes, it happens.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I always pick seat 6A or 6F, I have never been kicked out or seen anyone else have to give up a seat. I am sure it happens but not much from my experience.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:47 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I havent ever been removed from 6C but I prefer 6D or 7D anyhow and only choose 6C when there are no other aisle seats in the first 3 Y rows. I once was moved from 6D to 6C for balance issues on a pretty much emtpy flight. Seriously moving over 2 feet is going to matter? Maybe it does. I did find it interesting. What I dont understand is why there are desginated H seats or is it a law? Depending on the disabilty row 7 or 8 or 9 aisles might be better than row 6 because in row 6 the armrests arent moveable. To me it would be easier for someone who cant walk or has very little mobility to sit in row 7 and raise the arm rest to get slid into your seat. Likewise you can stow whatever medical gear you may need under the seat stowage rather than in an overhead bin in the bulk head row.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AS,UA
We were removed out of Row 6 because we had an infant added to the flight, I believe there is no extra mask in row 6

Last edited by lebowski2222; Apr 11, 2014 at 9:55 am
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
I think only 6B and 6C are for handicap? At least that's what I see on the seat map. As a result I always choose 6D.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
My son was kicked out of 6D last week. It turned out OK as he was given an aisle seat in an exit row with empty middle seat beside him. I'm not sure why he was reassigned.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Nope, never been kicked out of 6C. What even makes it a "disabled" seat anyway?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
We were removed out of Row 6 because we had an infant added to the flight, I believe there is no extra mask in row 6
Actually, that was due to the airbags in the seatbelts. Airbags and infants don't mix.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
Actually, that was due to the airbags in the seatbelts. Airbags and infants don't mix.
Only the 900ERs have airbags (not sure if the slim line 800s do, as I haven't flown on one yet).

So, this might be a problem for all flights.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
Only the 900ERs have airbags (not sure if the slim line 800s do, as I haven't flown on one yet).

So, this might be a problem for all flights.
For fleetwide consistency it seems this policy has been integrated.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

For fleetwide consistency it seems this policy has been integrated.
Makes sense. Although, the exception policy should be easy to implement as the 900ERs with air bags have different seat maps than the 900s.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:32 pm

To add something valuable to this thread, I had a colleague who was asked to move from row 6 mid-flight to accommodate a special needs kid.

He was more than happy to oblige and was well compensated with drinks on the igloo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.