Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Wife and I just hit MVP this past weekend on a DL SEA-MSP flight. We've been doing a ton of flying lately - wedding was in NY, honeymoon in Hawaii (paid F EWR-SEA-OGG), and I had a few business trips out to the east coast.

Now the question is... do I go for gold? I'd have never thought in a million years that I could hit gold but with about half the year to go, and 18.5k left, it's mighty tempting. Only problem is that I have no travel planned!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sullim4
Wife and I just hit MVP this past weekend on a DL SEA-MSP flight. We've been doing a ton of flying lately - wedding was in NY, honeymoon in Hawaii (paid F EWR-SEA-OGG), and I had a few business trips out to the east coast.

Now the question is... do I go for gold? I'd have never thought in a million years that I could hit gold but with about half the year to go, and 18.5k left, it's mighty tempting. Only problem is that I have no travel planned!
It's kind of hard to go for something if you have no plans to get there. The obvious answer is if you get close take a few MRs to get over the hump, but if you are only half way there and have no travel planned, it's going to be extremely hard to get close enough to warrant a few MRs.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by sullim4

the answer partially depends on your anticipated travel for next year. if it's low, then what is the point of having gold status if you will not fly much anyways? the hundreds of $$ it would take to get that status doing MRs will not be offset by the benefits you achieve from it. if you plan to fly 30-50K again next year for real reasons (not MRing) then it's worth it. also if your plans change frequently, the no change fees might offset some of the cost of MRing to gold.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Skywards,

I hit MVP 75k in early june.... lots of flying this year... already at 125k qualifuying miles for this year for the AS program..

I am not what to look forward to for rest of the year as my heavy travelling continues ...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lazyboy
I hit MVP 75k in early june.... lots of flying this year... already at 125k qualifuying miles for this year for the AS program..

I am not what to look forward to for rest of the year as my heavy travelling continues ...
Once you hit 75k in a year there is no further benefit to accumulating more AS miles as they do not roll over towards next years count. (other than getting closer to the million mile achievement for lifetime gold)
But, as 75K you do get upgraded more than lower tiers, and if flying in coach you get the digi player on flights of 3 hrs or more. You also get luggage tags.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I hit MVPG last week. I'm on track to be 75k again this year. Just need to pick up 6K miles somewhere between now and the end of the year for work.

Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Am just a lowly MVPG... someday, 75K, maybe...

-AD
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
DL defector here, just made MVP75 today
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Just crossed the 90k threshold somewhere over eastern Nevada today. I'll hit 75k AS/QX miles later in August and hit the 90 segment mark in a couple weeks.

Guess it's time to knock my VX gold status out (thanks to DEQP to SEA and a status match!).
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
75 K

Re-qualified for Gold 75K July 29th and still have lots of trips booked on AS for the rest of the year. I've been 75K since implementation of the program...but I don't remember how many years that has been!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Just crossed the 90k threshold somewhere over eastern Nevada today. I'll hit 75k AS/QX miles later in August and hit the 90 segment mark in a couple weeks.

Guess it's time to knock my VX gold status out (thanks to DEQP to SEA and a status match!).
What does VX Gold give you?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Living in PHX: absolutely nothing. But I can add it to my Flyertalk profile.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Originally Posted by beckoa
Living in PHX: absolutely nothing. But I can add it to my Flyertalk profile.
Ah wallet candy
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:08 pm

Hit MVPG for 2015 this weekend on a SEA-PDX hop to go watch the Sounders. Am sitting about the same distance from 75K as the 90K, and am doing AS out and DL back to Hawaii this weekend. If I can keep finding ~$400 RTs to OGG and HNL, I might just go back like seven more times this year, haha. After having 75K a couple of years back, I absolutely want it again.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:24 am

I hit MVPG this week also. I plan to hit 75K again this year, I hit it last year and it has been very good to me this year.

With the DEQM promo out of SEA, I wonder how upgrade rates will be like next year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.