Wiki Posts
Search

Using Miles from BKK to HKT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles, Starwood
Using Miles from BKK to HKT

Guessing that Alaskan doesn't have any partners that fly from Bangkok to Phuket? Looking to book an award flight from SFO to BKK then on to Phuket...
Thanks for any imput.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by darlaf
Guessing that Alaskan doesn't have any partners that fly from Bangkok to Phuket? Looking to book an award flight from SFO to BKK then on to Phuket...
Thanks for any imput.
Did you try searching at alaskaair.com? If just going to Phuket by entering random dates you can fly with EK. I also believe that CX flies to HKT but from HKG; for CX you have to call to book. CX has intra-asia awards using AS miles but you would have to fly from HKG. KA also intra-asia but only from Korea.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Apr 1, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by darlaf
Thanks for any imput.
Alaska does not have any partners that fly BKK-HKT. But intra-Asia shorthaul flights in that part of the world are $100 and should hardly count as deal-killers for a redemption.

For instance, you could redeem for SFO-KUL on CX, BKK-SFO, get stopovers in HKG each way (or possibly route BKK-SIN-HKG-SFO and get a stopover in SIN), then use Asia LCCs for the short hops.

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Did you try searching at alaskaair.com? If just going to Phuket by entering random dates you can fly with EK. I also believe that CX flies to HKT but from HKG; for CX you have to call to book. CX has intra-asia awards using AS miles but you would have to fly from HKG. KA also intra-asia but only from Korea.
CX does not fly HKG-HKT. KA (Dragonair) does, but AS doesn't have a partnership with them. KE (Korean) flies ICN-HKT, but the mileage and extensive KE award blackout dates (about a 3rd of the year, by my recollection) probably make this a bad bargain.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 1, 2014 at 8:37 pm
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
We just booked on Thai Airways. It was about $250 for 2 (was in 2012 as an FYI).

Bangkok Airways is a LCC to search as well but Thai usually matches their price from what I remember.

About 1:20 flight on a 747 and they served a snack and beverage to the whole sold out plane. Not bad work by the crew. ^
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles, Starwood
Thanks for your responses! I will look into these options.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by apodo77
We just booked on Thai Airways. It was about $250 for 2 (was in 2012 as an FYI).

Bangkok Airways is a LCC to search as well but Thai usually matches their price from what I remember.

About 1:20 flight on a 747 and they served a snack and beverage to the whole sold out plane. Not bad work by the crew. ^
Additionally, Thai Smile and Air Asia are domestic llcs in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.