Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Earning miles flying Qantas marketed Emirates flight (QF flight #, EK metal)

Earning miles flying Qantas marketed Emirates flight (QF flight #, EK metal)

Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jinglish
You've been around here long enough to know that AS credits partner-partner codeshares based on operating carrier, not marketing.
I am well aware, however there is specific additional verbage for EK flights.

Qualify for mileage accrual Emirates

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Emirates. Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify.

LA markets flights LA806 SYD-SCL & LA807 SCL-SYD which are QF operated as QF27 & QF28. These two LA flights are specifically excluded from MP accural while their QF (and more expensive) counterparts aren't. I flew that flight in September and AS made a one-time exception for me as I had purchased my ticket prior to the new LA Charts that took effect July 1st.

If you are going to request a manual credit based on the partner-partner codeshare flight then it is probably a good idea to make sure the Marketed flight is eligible to start with.

While AS will usually allow a credit based on the operating carrier charts, however, it is outside the T&Cs of Mileage Plan accural and as such one shouldn't "expect" to get credit especially when EK flights require being issued on EK ticket stock.

Now having said that, I have had KE, QF, LA (not LA806), EK & CX flights all automatically post to MP, all native airline flight numbers, all issued on LA stock. I try to stay away from Codeshares to minimize the hassle. I like to know I will get credit for the flight.

James
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Sorry to hijack this thread, but question... can I get AS miles on QF flight number by flight operated by EK? Thx
Dedicated AS forum thread--->Earning miles flying Qantas marketed Emirates flight (QF flight #, EK metal)

As as aside you can earn BA avios & AA ff miles on QF marketed EK operated flights as both ffp's have a written rule on this

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.