What can a MVP Gold do?

Old Mar 22, 14, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold
What can a MVP Gold do?

Can a MVP Gold can reservation for family using part full pay coach, part family member miles, and part family member companion codes? How about also using some family discount codes?
Old Mar 23, 14, 1:53 am

Programs: AS, DL Kryptonium Medallion, UA, Starbucks Gold
One cannot use a companion fare with award flights. As the companion fare is considered a discount code, it cannot be combined with another discount code.

To use a companion fare, the person who has the companion fare must either be flying on the reservation or purchasing the tickets.
Old Mar 23, 14, 10:22 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
not sure what you are trying to ask? You cant book everything in the same reservation. It used to be that the gold could book other family members with their miles and they would still receive the gold benefits but thats no longer. At best you can book 2 separate PNRs and link them together. Depending on the mood of the checkin agent they might let a free bag slide for the travelers on the award. Better yet just make sure everybody has just one checked bag and have you and the person on the companion fare with you check in 2 bags each for free and those on the awards check no luggage. They wouldnt however be able to pick preferred seats and I dont think they can over ride that in the system either until 24 hours before departure. Ive had phone agents willing to put non elites into seats when I was booking with my miles but the system kept throwing them out of the seats and afaik there isnt any such over ride
Old Mar 23, 14, 11:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire/Amb, SPG Gld, HH Gld
Here's how I handle family trips:
Typically I am looking to get all 4 of us in F.
I make 2 reservations - one for me and one of the kids, the other for my wife and one of the kids. Each uses a $99 code (my wife and I each have 2 AS CCs).
The rez for my wife is for lowest fare for guest UG.
The rez for me is for lowest fare for Gold UG.
Easy to substitute miles for $ on one half if desired (but never worth it IMO if you have 2 companion codes).

That typically gets all 4 of us to HI or Mexico for ~$1500, sometimes less.

Last edited by dgwright99; Mar 23, 14 at 11:28 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: