Community
Wiki Posts
Search

time to come in Hawaii I-I market

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

News reports that GO! Airlines will cease operations in a Hawaii on April 1st
Hope it's true and not a joke
Good Riddance to that horrible airline
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Move QX from 49th to 50th state?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Because AS has absolutely nothing better to do right now than fight its way into a market that's decent for one carrier but thin for more, in which the incumbent is deeply entrenched and operates more comfortable aircraft with more frequency than a new entrant could come close to.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Because AS has absolutely nothing better to do right now than fight its way into a market that's decent for one carrier but thin for more, in which the incumbent is deeply entrenched and operates more comfortable aircraft with more frequency than a new entrant could come close to.
This! ^

I must say that however bad Go! Airlines was they did lower fare levels in Hawaii. Expect fares to go even higher!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Tony10s
News reports that GO! Airlines will cease operations in a Hawaii on April 1st
Hope it's true and not a joke
Good Riddance to that horrible airline
I don't quite understand this attitude to LCC's. If you don't like them, don't fly them. They are the ones that keep airfares low on the majors and unless you are in a hurry to pay more, I am not seeing why this is good news.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
It's not attitude toward LCCs generally, it's attitude toward Go! specifically. They have been a bad actor in the marketplace and operationally lousy since they started. If Island Air can get its act together or another operator wants to come in and keep HA honest, more power to them.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not attitude toward LCCs generally, it's attitude toward Go! specifically. They have been a bad actor in the marketplace and operationally lousy since they started. If Island Air can get its act together or another operator wants to come in and keep HA honest, more power to them.
Fair enough.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It was worse even.

Originally Posted by hawaiinewsnow.com
Mesa Air came forward as a potential buyer during the bankruptcies of both Hawaiian Airlines and Aloha Airlines, signing agreements not to disclose or use any proprietary information it saw about those airlines' business plans or costs. But rather than buy either carrier, Mesa founded go!, launching service on June 9, 2006 from Honolulu to Hilo, Kona, Kahului and Lihue.

Both Hawaiian and Aloha would eventually sue, and Hawaiian won, then settled out of court for a large enough sum to cover its jet fuel expenses during a run-up in oil prices.

<snip>
Both Hawaiian and Aloha had accused Mesa of predatory pricing, which is illegal, and the Hawaiian lawsuit produced a smoking gun memo, but Mesa claimed the memo, despite charts and graphs showing how it could outlast Aloha in a price war, was a joke, and the Justice Department never pursued it.
</snip>
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, that's bad. Hope Island Air steps up.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

I believe Larry Ellison purchased Island Air
Go was a mess from the start
4 planes no spares no interline agreements no customer service
Too many times , 5-12 hour delays
Along with Aloha , they pushed Pacific Wings out of our market.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:21 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AS once interlined with YV- they even sold tickets on AS' website. Those were dark days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.