Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines Fare Class O

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by BearX220
Just got caught on this point. Booked an AA domestic segment in O on Feb 17, flew the trip March 3, rules change revealed on the website March 5, miles have not posted. I am appealing to AS and will let you know what they say.
Bump to say I had a nice note today from Good Guys Alaska Customer Service -- they are crediting me the miles for the above flight. But no more dreaded O class for me. Sadly on the American website it's not easy to see what class you're booking until you get the whole itinerary built, seats selected, etc. and arrive at the pay page. Kind of a blind exercise.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by SOCguy
For the record, my AA flights in O class from a month ago that I requested credit for are still showing as pending.
Update:

Traveled 2/25. Requested credit using the web form 15 days later. Flights showed up as partner pending but never credited. Emailed Mileage Plan on 4/3 requesting an update. Checked this morning and flights credited, full EQM, etc. No email from Mileage Plan so I don't know if something happened and the credit finally went through or if there was manual intervention from MP and I just haven't received an email yet.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by SOCguy
Traveled 2/25. Requested credit using the web form 15 days later. Flights showed up as partner pending but never credited. Emailed Mileage Plan on 4/3 requesting an update. Checked this morning and flights credited, full EQM, etc. No email from Mileage Plan so I don't know if something happened and the credit finally went through or if there was manual intervention from MP and I just haven't received an email yet.
I had a similar story re: the O class trip referenced upthread. Had initial note from AS customer service saying she "was able to credit your account," and the flight appeared in my queue labeled "Pending," but then after a week or so disappeared. I wrote a second email pointing out that the flight was booked and flown before the O class policy change was revealed, and it is very unfair to deny credit because the rules changed after a customer observed them. Two days later the flight appeared in my queue, properly credited with full EQMs and bonus miles, as if it had been inserted manually.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
If you're looking to book an AA itenerary and O fares are what the AA search returns, is the only way to book the next higher fare code to call in (and in turn pay the phone booking fee)? Any way to get the phone booking fee waived?

Also, if you book online, how long does it normaly take after the end of the call for the ticket info (per the confirmation code) to switch from "Ticket Pending" to "Ticket Booked"?

Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
If you're looking to book an AA itenerary and O fares are what the AA search returns, is the only way to book the next higher fare code to call in (and in turn pay the phone booking fee)? Any way to get the phone booking fee waived?

Also, if you book online, how long does it normaly take after the end of the call for the ticket info (per the confirmation code) to switch from "Ticket Pending" to "Ticket Booked"?

Thanks!
Can you try putting on hold on the site and then calling in to have them process the upfare?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
Can you try putting on hold on the site and then calling in to have them process the upfare?
Are you saying that this might avoid the phone fee?

For whatever reason the ticket I just booked over the phone didn't show any $25 phone fee when I pulled up the receipt online after it ticketed. Anyone know if there's a chance the phone fee still shows up on my credit card, either seperately or in addition to the ticket charge? If it shows up on the card combined with the ticket fee and an amount different from what the receipt shows it will make my expense report a BIG PITA.

UPDATE: Email confirmation just came through with the phone fee included as a separate line under "Additional Services" titled "Telephone Ticketing Service", so I'm guessing it'll be charged one way or the other. That said, if it comes through on the card combined with the ticket price, the email receipt shows the full combined price, so my expense report won't have any issue.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Question AA O class fare

I am looking to book an AA "O" class fare for DFW-LHR.
Does O class fare get any mileage credit to AS Mileage Plan?

Any one have experience on this?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Short answer appears to be no credit.

More discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...e-class-o.html
Old May 8, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
You can still get elite benefits, but will not earn AS miles. It might be a good idea to put the ticket on hold and call AA to upfare the ticket to a miles-earning fare class.
Old May 9, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
You can still get elite benefits, but will not earn AS miles. It might be a good idea to put the ticket on hold and call AA to upfare the ticket to a miles-earning fare class.
Data point: I did earn AS miles for an AA O-class ticket, flown on 04/17. I had to request credit manually (which I did on Monday), and it just hit my account sometime today. I booked the ticket back in January though, so I might have just gotten credit because it was booked before the rules changed...
Old May 10, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Data point: I did earn AS miles for an AA O-class ticket, flown on 04/17. I had to request credit manually (which I did on Monday), and it just hit my account sometime today. I booked the ticket back in January though, so I might have just gotten credit because it was booked before the rules changed...
The change was posted on the website March 5. If you booked AA O before that date and request credit afterwards, you will IME get the miles posted. Flights booked after March 5 will not earn.
Old May 10, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How does one arrange a miles-earning upcharge after booking?
Old May 10, 2014, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Smile

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
How does one arrange a miles-earning upcharge after booking?
Put the ticket on a 24 hr hold to generate a PNR then call AA and request the booking to be re-fared into Q (or another earning fare class) and complete the purchase by phone.
Old May 10, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Put the ticket on a 24 hr hold to generate a PNR then call AA and request the booking to be re-fared into Q (or another earning fare class) and complete the purchase by phone.
Are you talking about (original) booking via AA or AS here?
Old May 10, 2014, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Are you talking about (original) booking via AA or AS here?
Looks like AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.