Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan

Fast Dash Sale FT Procedures & Information:

• Please post in this thread if you encounter a Fast Dash Sale that is live.
  • Please limit discussion in this thread to expired/previous offers, and speculation to when the next dash may be.
  • Sales tend to last two hours, starting at 11 AM PDT/PST and ending at 1 PM PDT/PST
  • Generally are on Wednesdays, but not every week nor month
  • Short hops and transcons have appeared
  • Sometimes announced via twitter, but visible on AS' homepage
  • Remember one can always cancel within 24 hours
  • Fares still eligible for upgrades and can be combined with companion certs too.

Print Wikipost

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yaychemistry
I'm not even sure if this was available via the main website. I saw it from Twitter and reposted it here.
A banner was up in the area to the left of the book a flight table that rotates between 3 images.

I learned about it on FB myself.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:51 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
For me (and I might be in the minority), but I'm not a tweeter and don't use Twitter. Facebook I check once or twice a day. Being 'connected' with technology is one thing, being joined at the hip with it is something else.

The link you had took me to AS.com, so have to think it appeared there, too, on their front page. Email still works, so why not notify flyers/customers that way?
I dont have twitter either. I look at facebook maybe once a day, sometimes not at all. The fact that they do this in the middle of the day when most people are working and dont email but use facebook and twitter is odd. There are a lot of work places that block social media on work computers
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dc333
I like how they couldn't come up with anything charming to say about Omaha
I actually really like OMA.

Old Market District is a lot of fun and you really get a good value for your buck. The Drover for whiskey soaked steaks isn't bad either.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:20 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
The link you had took me to AS.com, so have to think it appeared there, too, on their front page. Email still works, so why not notify flyers/customers that way?
People don't usually check their email right away either ... plus, any delay on the provider or sender side would make for a giant cluster.

I'm not a tweeter either, but I do have an account. I've set it so that the only tweets that come through to my phone are from @Alaskaair and @AirwaysBrewing

you could also join Jet Text to get a text message notifications.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:42 pm
ANC

These really need to be communicated better. I have tickets already pdx-msp during the travel period, but a lower fare would have been great. I can't afford to sit at my computer and refresh the AS site every half hour every day to catch these things.
I could have rebooked one today or got a lowest price credit to save a couple bucks but its about 115 hours away and still has 7 F seats open. Its been booked a while and I dont want to be reset in the upgrade que
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by missydarlin
...you could also join Jet Text to get a text message notifications.
News one can use - thanks Missy! Done.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by missydarlin
...you could also join Jet Text to get a text message notifications.
News one can use - thanks Missy! Done.
Ugh one of these days I need to get text messaging. Saw the deals nothin' that worked for me (already going to SAT )
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
These really need to be communicated better. I have tickets already pdx-msp during the travel period, but a lower fare would have been great. I can't afford to sit at my computer and refresh the AS site every half hour every day to catch these things.
Completely agree that they need to improve this. I'm an AS fan. I follow them on twitter. This promotion is not filling me with happy AS thoughts.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I use this link when sales come out to see if I am still at the best price. It amazes me how often a flight has dropped substantially in price and yet it's not even one of the advertised specials. You get a credit Right away. https://www.alaskaair.com/booking/ss...edAirfare.aspx
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Completely agree that they need to improve this. I'm an AS fan. I follow them on twitter. This promotion is not filling me with happy AS thoughts.
The problem is that it WAS posted on twitter. With social media, the onus is on you to check it.

Whining that you didn't check your Facebook or twitter in time makes it seem like you're a teenager who missed One Direction's contest entry!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I use this link when sales come out to see if I am still at the best price. It amazes me how often a flight has dropped substantially in price and yet it's not even one of the advertised specials. You get a credit Right away. https://www.alaskaair.com/booking/ss...edAirfare.aspx
So, about this. I did a search and couldn't locate the thread or post, but it seems to me that when you do this, it affects your placement on the Upgrade queue? Or am I mistaken? Can anyone confirm if it does or doesn't?

Also - If I used my corporate travel agent to book this, it doesn't give me the option to credit back to that credit card, but rather it issues an email credit certificate or deposit the funds in MyWallet. Does the former allow you to apply it to a travel agent booking in the future, or does it add a few extra steps, but is essentially the same as, depositing it in MyWallet?

It literally would be stealing from my company if I put it in My Wallet for future travel. I always have to book through a corporate travel agent, so doing that would be wrong. Thoughts?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: DL GM
So, about this. I did a search and couldn't locate the thread or post, but it seems to me that when you do this, it affects your placement on the Upgrade queue? Or am I mistaken? Can anyone confirm if it does or doesn't?
If you use the Guaranteed Airfare Credit (I've seen the acronym GARR, but I don't know exactly what it stands for), you are issued new ticket numbers. With the reticketing, I think you do go to the end of the upgrade queue.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:03 am
ANC

If you use the Guaranteed Airfare Credit (I've seen the acronym GARR, but I don't know exactly what it stands for), you are issued new ticket numbers. With the reticketing, I think you do go to the end of the upgrade queue.
from my experience thats what happens. No matter what the call taker says
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ANC
from my experience thats what happens. No matter what the call taker says
Correct. Always a tradeoff
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:48 am

Ugh missed these. Thanks for link to jet alerts. Signed up!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.