Community
Wiki Posts
Search

partner redemption with multi airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

partner redemption with multi airline

this is probably as easy question but I cannot find the answer.

I have Alaskan airline miles and am trying to plan a south American trip for april 2015.

I am wanting to book using a partner award on American. when I look on the AA website for schedules the flights have a segment on LAN. for example I am trying to fly CTG-DTW. the routing for this is CTG-BOG-MIA-DTW, where CTG-BOG is on LAN. can this be booked this way for an award redemption or would I have to book CTG-BOG separate on LAN?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:33 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
you need to look on AS not AA for whats available for an AS award. Im not sure if Lan is bookable online or not. You might have to call and awards for April 2015 wont be bookable until May or June 2014
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by risaday
I am wanting to book using a partner award on American. when I look on the AA website for schedules the flights have a segment on LAN. for example I am trying to fly CTG-DTW. the routing for this is CTG-BOG-MIA-DTW, where CTG-BOG is on LAN. can this be booked this way for an award redemption or would I have to book CTG-BOG separate on LAN?
For an AA partner award using AS miles you can only use AA or AS flights so you'd probably not be able to include the BOG-CTG leg.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

thanks guys. I am planning a bit early so I can have my sucks in a row when I can book
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
thanks guys. I am planning a bit early so I can have my sucks in a row when I can book
I'm not sure that will allow you to book faster, but it might.

Unfortunately positioning of those letters on the keyboard.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:16 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dgreen12
I'm not sure that will allow you to book faster, but it might.

Unfortunately positioning of those letters on the keyboard.
ha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.