Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Website capabilities you would like to see

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:45 am
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue

For starters I would like to have the option to receive the old plain text formatted confirmation/receipt emails. I dont like the new ones and havent since AS started sending them.

As I mentioned in another thread. If one buys a mileage upgradable fare and is using their own miles it doesnt seem like it would be that hard to have that online capability.

And why is it when you are waitlisted you cant go back later and enter in a gold guest upgrade code and have to call and be removed from the list first. That makes no sense

Maybe if we get a consesus on some web enhancements we can send them off to IT @:-)
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:54 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
How about just removing the STUPID ANNOYING RENTAL CAR/HOTEL AD that shows up in the middle of my confirmation page for every single reservation. It's mentally disconcerting and I constantly find myself struggling to find the information I care about. Whether it makes AS money or not I've never clicked on an advertisement and I never will. Grr. Makes me angry.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:03 pm
ANC
Original Poster

On the bright side at least you can print your boarding passes without all the pages of clutter. Remember when the ads first came out? There was no opt out when you printed the boarding passes. And I agree with you on that ad clutter. Send that with the first confirmation email and thats it You have to scroll half way down the page to see your flights
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
For me, it would be great to see CX added to the list of partners for which we can both see and book award travel online. Not sure of the IT hiccups here preventing that from happening, but that would be at the top of my wishlist.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I would love to see the capability to book multiple people into the same reservation, with some people on paid tickets and some on award tickets. It can't be that hard to do.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I would love to see the capability to book multiple people into the same reservation, with some people on paid tickets and some on award tickets. It can't be that hard to do.
Do any carriers allow for this? I haven't seen this (not saying it doesn't exist, just curious). I'd think it would be a limitation of sabre requiring the same fare bucket for both Pax. If there is one G left, but two K, both Pax book into K. You'd have to split your booking to get one into G.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:58 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Do any carriers allow for this? I haven't seen this (not saying it doesn't exist, just curious). I'd think it would be a limitation of sabre requiring the same fare bucket for both Pax. If there is one G left, but two K, both Pax book into K. You'd have to split your booking to get one into G.
I think that link reservations feature is quite a step up for these situations ^

And since you bring up fare buckets, When you have a ticket involving QX and you search for H or higher fares for a gold upgrade it also throws the QX flight into the same bucket even though that segment has no upgrade chances at all and Id imagine because sabre doesnt really think about that. If you just book the lowest fare then call and have the AS segments changed to H, the QX segments typically stay in their T or Q bucket or whatever and you save a few bucks. I suppose you could accomplish this in multi trips somehow and maybe for a OW or RT it would be too hard to make happen unlike a call taker that can cherry pick into each segment separately. It probably is doing the same thing for trips involving partner segments?

Last edited by ANC; Jan 21, 2014 at 3:12 pm
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:13 pm

I'd like to be able to filter out overnight connections (NOT redeyes). When you're searching by price you often get AAA-BBB/overnight/BBB-CCC, and these are often the least expensive. By the time you scroll through you find out that any itinerary a normal person would want to take is much more $$$!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:28 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by johnp012001
I'd like to be able to filter out overnight connections (NOT redeyes). When you're searching by price you often get AAA-BBB/overnight/BBB-CCC, and these are often the least expensive. By the time you scroll through you find out that any itinerary a normal person would want to take is much more $$$!

Have you tried sorting by Duration?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:29 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnp012001
you can resort the order?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:34 pm

That will help! Didn't think of that. But there is still an issue, as the tab at the top will show $low fare, but when you look at it they are all long duration trips.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
No more pop ups no J seat don't show mixture.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
An "expert mode" feature that shows fare class #s like the feature that exists for ual.com
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP GLD
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I agree with this too. We could not use a companion fair with three travelers. A pain to book. Then at the airport in Denver they tried to charge for bags on the third traveler. The other agent figured it out.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP GLD
I would like to see the first class seating when booked in coach. Just want to see how many seats are open for my flight. I have to go to rebook a ticket to see the open seats now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.