Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Website capabilities you would like to see

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website capabilities you would like to see

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:01 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by JimH64
I would like to see the first class seating when booked in coach. Just want to see how many seats are open for my flight. I have to go to rebook a ticket to see the open seats now.
from my recent experiences both AA and DL show the entire A/C. Not sure why AS doesnt and Ive never even really thought about it Although AS is the only airline I know of that shows seat selection and A/C layout left to right instead of front to back

Last edited by ANC; Jan 21, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JimH64
I would like to see the first class seating when booked in coach. Just want to see how many seats are open for my flight. I have to go to rebook a ticket to see the open seats now.
^^ for me on that too. I also would like to be able to specify how long any stopover must be for connecting flights. I think that less than one hour is much too short at some airports. If there was a feature to say at least xx but not more than xxx it would be the ideal for me.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:33 am
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctporter
^^ for me on that too. I also would like to be able to specify how long any stopover must be for connecting flights. I think that less than one hour is much too short at some airports. If there was a feature to say at least xx but not more than xxx it would be the ideal for me.
I think that 1hr is almost too short at ORD with AS arrival connecting to a partner. If I was ever in row 28 and didnt have the advantage of sitting toward the front or in F now and then, Id probably make sure I had at least an hour and a half. Not sure if the small tenants get the short end of the stick and UA and AA get preferential runway landing slots or if its coincidence(probably coincidence, I doubt the FAA cares much) but it seems like AS always lands at that newer 6th runway and it feels like we landed in Midway and are taxiing to Ohare. Takes a good 20 minutes to get to the gate. Where upon arriving there is usually another AS plane already at the gate putzing around for another 10 minutes. Then the way people dilly dally lackadaisically deplaning wastes another 5 or 10 minutes. By the time you hit the terminal you have 15 or 20 minutes which in essence 5 or 10 minutes because the doors are closed within 10 minutes prior or so. So you have to high tail it up to K or G

Last edited by ANC; Jan 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:44 am
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
For me, it would be great to see CX added to the list of partners for which we can both see and book award travel online. Not sure of the IT hiccups here preventing that from happening, but that would be at the top of my wishlist.
It would be a lot nicer to have the award system and partner system more streamlined altogether rather than having threads asking for CX PNR numbers or BA not accepting a mileage plan number...but I guess thats what we get for not being an alliance @:-)
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ANC
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
For me, it would be great to see CX added to the list of partners for which we can both see and book award travel online. Not sure of the IT hiccups here preventing that from happening, but that would be at the top of my wishlist.
It would be a lot nicer to have the award system and partner system more streamlined altogether rather than having threads asking for CX PNR numbers or BA not accepting a mileage plan number...but I guess thats what we get for not being an alliance @:-)
AS gives you PNR's of other carriers at booking and online. Try to get that feature with other carriers.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Two MVPs to be able to book upgradeable fare on one PNR and use a companion cert!!!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:24 am
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SF1K
Two MVPs to be able to book upgradeable fare on one PNR and use a companion cert!!!
agreed and when searching for U fares whether its mileage, certificate, gold, or mvp give you the option to show "only" flights with U space available rather than having a list of 20 fares to scan through and only 2 or 3 of them actually have space. I wonder how many people trying to redeem certificates or miles just select a flight just becasue it pulls up not knowing the grayed out U with a slash through it means there arent any U currently open. We get drive by posters on here now and then wondering why they werent able to upgrade just to find out there really wasnt any U space. When you search for Gold Upgrades it just pulls up everything thats H and higher without regard to U being open

Last edited by ANC; Jan 23, 2014 at 11:51 am
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
When developing a trip schedule and clicking on the "Details" link for a given flight, I'd like to see the miles that would accrue for that flight.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:52 am
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dave1013
When developing a trip schedule and clicking on the "Details" link for a given flight, I'd like to see the miles that would accrue for that flight.
Agreed with that also. IIRC it was on the old site before the website face lift back 2ish years ago. Even when you view the miles in your cart and what posts to your account seems to allows be different. Usually 3 to 5 miles in your favor. IE ANC/SEA shows up as 1444 and posts to your account as 1448. I believe ANC/ORD is advertised as 2840 but I know it posts as 2846
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
I know it's not "automatic", but I thought I read somewhere in this forum that you could call in and have both MVPs manually "waitlisted" for first class...it just required a phone call to set it up....maybe Missy could comment on that one....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:59 am
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I know it's not "automatic", but I thought I read somewhere in this forum that you could call in and have both MVPs manually "waitlisted" for first class...it just required a phone call to set it up....maybe Missy could comment on that one....
if the AS sabre interface allows for it to be done then there is no reason they cant program their web interface to accomodate it. IIRC when this discussion comes up you can call and split your reservation when 2 MVPs are booked together on paid fares and then be upgrade to F. But when its on the companion ticket this is not possible because you have to travel together on the same PNR and the computer system is too archaic to figure out that you are both mvp. It seems to read that the primary traveler is MVP and skips over the 2nd traveler and since only gold or 75k can upgrade a companion you cant upgrade. The only way Im aware of for this to work on a companion fares with 2 MVPs is to mileage upgrade
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
AS gives you PNR's of other carriers at booking and online. Try to get that feature with other carriers.
Well, if you want to be snarky against other carriers, I'll point out that United.com does this, too.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ANC
Agreed with that also. IIRC it was on the old site before the website face lift back 2ish years ago. Even when you view the miles in your cart and what posts to your account seems to allows be different. Usually 3 to 5 miles in your favor. IE ANC/SEA shows up as 1444 and posts to your account as 1448. I believe ANC/ORD is advertised as 2840 but I know it posts as 2846
+1^
This feature would be extremely helpful in planning MRs for EQMs, especially. It's on the confirmation, how hard could it be to put it in the 'Details' pop-up?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by dave1013
See post #4 in the following thread. Missydarlin explained why this capability went away.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...vity-page.html
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Award bookings for all partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.