FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Find J flights OZ to Canada or USA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1539902-find-j-flights-oz-canada-usa.html)

AKLifetimeFlyer Jan 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Limewood (Post 22250046)
Looked up 2 x J seats on CX Marco Polo site CNS/HKG and both available, few mins later called AS to book with miles, they say they don't have them what gives?, should I try another operator?.

Look up the availability on British Airways Avios site instead.

whimike Jan 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer (Post 22250276)

And that doesn't guarantee anything, either. Have found plenty of available on BA site and AS can't find the seats, and vice-versa, AS has found seats that BA can't find.

Pulley Jan 30, 2014 4:23 am

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer (Post 22250276)

I use BA to search, sometimes I will use JL, and have been lucky to find AS matches BA. Not 100% but I guess I've been lucky. I think the real key is to be flexible if possible. One way awards have really helped. You can't search one way using JAL.

Limewood Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Could someone look up 2xJ CNS/HKG on Sat. 3rd May please.
(didn't want to join a another program like BA)

Just checked CX Marco Polo site 1minute ago and they are still available

crimsona Jan 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Not on Avios

Sorry, there are no flights available on Saturday 3 May 2014.

Also checked the entire week, nothing.

Asia Miles/MPC has access to more seats, no harm in calling though

Limewood Jan 30, 2014 10:08 pm

OK thanks, I'll leave it as booked 2 x PE as its a daylight flight anyway no bed required. In the past been able to get free upgrades on CX possibly due to my QFF plat. status.

Limewood Feb 1, 2014 6:50 pm

Thought to have another try today with AS, looked up seats on CX Marco Polo and QFF site too in both PE & J one day early and both available, called AS say they don't have them, operator says they are only given a few!, uh'.

belfordrocks Feb 6, 2014 1:16 am

Similar question in this department, what are the allowable stopovers for a Australia to North America award using AS miles, on Delta? LAX or SEA allows me to price a stopover online, but is it possible for to stopover in other North American cities instead?

CDKing Feb 6, 2014 7:21 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks (Post 22296319)
Similar question in this department, what are the allowable stopovers for a Australia to North America award using AS miles, on Delta? LAX or SEA allows me to price a stopover online, but is it possible for to stopover in other North American cities instead?

I can do a stop-over in DTW on the way from BOS - SYD but i dont think it will allow you to say fly from SYD-JFK and back to SEA

belfordrocks Feb 6, 2014 7:24 am

I manage to price a stopover online in CVG, so I assumed it was AS+Partner hub cities only, but then also managed to price a stopover in SFO too which (to my knowledge) is neither. But then other cities like YVR or WAS won't price as stopovers at all (online at least). So it's strange, hmm...