No flights to Atlanta after Jan 14?

Old Jan 6, 14, 10:50 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

No flights to Atlanta after Jan 14?

I guess I missed the announcement. Is this a retreat in the war with Delta?

QL
Old Jan 6, 14, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by QuietLion View Post
I guess I missed the announcement. Is this a retreat in the war with Delta?

QL
Wow... good question. PDX-ATL also appears to be discontinued after 01/14, but I was looking at SEA-SAN a few hours ago and Alaskaair.com wasn't showing nonstop options at that time, but they are displaying again now so I chalk that up to another IT/Sabre glitch. A check of http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ is showing no nonstop flights between SEA/PDX and ATL after the 14th.

Last edited by rwinn; Jan 6, 14 at 11:39 pm Reason: spelling/grammar
Old Jan 6, 14, 11:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Apparently you are correct, rwinn...I just called Alaska and they said they are still flying to Atlanta and there is an "emergency schedule update" currently running that is correcting all kinds of problems. Phew!

QL
Old Jan 6, 14, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
I'm glad to hear that! It would be a bummer for ATL service to end... It would be nice to see a tweet or some kind of notice from Alaskaair.com, but hopefully the schedule change process will be completed soon.
Old Jan 7, 14, 2:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Wow did Tim come back to munch on some leaves er wires?
Old Jan 7, 14, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I just went real quick to check our PDX/ATL flight for May - not only were they there, but they went DOWN - a LOT!!! To $298 RT! Thank you!
Old Jul 8, 14, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
ATL-PDX Discontinued :-(

On my ATL-PDX flight Sunday night both the cabin crew and captain announced that PDX-ATL is being suspended and that we should write to AS to let them know we wanted it to remain on the schedule.

Anyone know when this goes into effect? I often go ATL-PDX-SEA because it's much cheaper than ATL-SEA and for the added mileage... it'll be a shame to see it go and might keep me off of AS metal to SEA due to the price of ATL-SEA direct compared to DL.
Old Jul 8, 14, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan View Post
On my ATL-PDX flight Sunday night both the cabin crew and captain announced that PDX-ATL is being suspended and that we should write to AS to let them know we wanted it to remain on the schedule.

Anyone know when this goes into effect? I often go ATL-PDX-SEA because it's much cheaper than ATL-SEA and for the added mileage... it'll be a shame to see it go and might keep me off of AS metal to SEA due to the price of ATL-SEA direct compared to DL.
If that is how they are selling many of their seats, i.e., not O/D PDX/ATL (not that I ever like to see service vanish), it makes perfect sense to discontinue the route.
Old Jul 8, 14, 9:33 pm

This statement doesn't help your case much. If they are getting less money, and providing an extra flight for you to get to a destination already served nonstop, it doesn't reflect well of the economics of that route for AS.
Old Jul 9, 14, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Sounds like ATL-PDX is not profitable if you're finding much lower fares using that flight! So, it would make sense that it be discontinued.
Old Jul 9, 14, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm not making a case for the flight... I'm saying that I'll miss it.

I'm sure there are plenty of deals out there that you guys would understand the poor economics of but still miss if they went away... you guys are starting to sound like the DL forum that I tried to escape from to AS!
Old Jul 9, 14, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Don't worry we have our own kind of crazy in this forum

Search this Thread
Search Engine: