Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
This is an archive of reports from January through July of 2015. This thread is closed to posting. Please post your reports and discussion of the First Class food offerings on Alaska Airlines in this thread:

Print Wikipost

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA

Date: 4/10/15
Flight: AS331 (SEA-SFO)
Time of Departure: 7:30pm
Length of Flight: 2 hours
Class of Service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage: Full PDB offered
Meal served: Green salad with chicken and blue cheese

This was a pretty good salad, filling enough for the relatively short flight length. Nothing mindblowing, and not my favorite AS salad, but I have no complaints. Especially since the excellent FA offered full PDB. I went with a gin & tonic, and he remembered my choice when it was meal time and asked if I wanted another. I did, and without being prompted he also gave it to me with an extra bottle of gin in case I wanted to top up. Three drinks seemed a little much for a two-hour flight so I just took it home. Great flight!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
4/14/15
AS 14 SEA-EWR
15:45 departure
4 hr 45 min flight
Only bottled water for PDB
Meal:

Farro Salad with Warm Dinner Roll

Choice of Entrees:
Blackened Chicken with Creamy Polenta and Creamed Spinach or

Trident Hot Smoked Wild Alaskan Salmon Mac and Cheese with Steamed Broccoli

Dessert: Chuckanut Huckleberry Cheesecake
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Date: 04/14/15
Route: LAX-SEA
Class of service: F
Length of flight: 2:45
Meal type: Snack - 1015am departure
Meal: Cheese & apple plate. Pretty much what it says.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
SEA-BWI

Leek and Bacon Quiche
Pancakes with Apple Compote..

The darn Mexican Fruit is back... If only they would stick with the Seasonal Fruit plate...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
SEA-ORD and back.

Date: 04/13/15
Route: SEA-ORD
Length of flight: 3:25 gate to gate
Meal type: Breakfast - 8:30a departure
Meal: Brisket hash: typical portion of scrambled eggs with chunks of roast beef and potato and a few sautéed peppers and onions. Warmed mixed nuts later in the flight.

Date: 04/16/15
Route: ORD-SEA
Length of flight: posted as 4:27
Meal type: Breakfast - 8:00a departure
Meal: identical to above.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Date: 04/21/15
Route: LAX-SEA
Flight times: 8:25pm scheduled departure, 11:05pm arrival, 2:45 gate to gate
Meal type: Snack
Meal: Freshly-baked white chocolate and dried cranberry cookies... I thought they were delicious... warm and gooey. But glad I was able to get a cup of soup (chicken and rice) and salad in the BR before departure. I also was able to ask for a cheese plate.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Date: Apr 16
Route: HNL-ANC
Class of Service: F
Flight Times: Dept 855PM, arr 505AM - 6 hours 10 Mins
Meal type: Dinner

From menu:

Appetizer Duck spring roll with hoisin sauce, warm hawaiian sweet roll

Choice of Entrees Thai Barbecue Chicken, curry friend rice, sauteed mixed vegetables
*or*
Apple glazed pork chop with macadamia nuts, roasted red potatoes, broccoli, grilled yellow and red peppers

We feature wines from Chaeau ste. Michelle

Dessert Hawaiian bread pudding

Ok, ok... I've flown this route a lot and all we got was a snack plate, which was sufficient for these late night flights.

I'm starting to appreciate American's "Express meal" option (also Air New Zealand & Emirates have this too) where they serve you everything at once or only what you want. I was asleep during appetizer & dessert, so only munched on the chicken.

In all honesty, I'd think a warm hawaiian pork sandwich with chips OR fruit plate would be a GREAT option for this - something quick, easy, and filling.. and a small fruit plate / bagel / croissant before landing. I know we like to b*tch and moan either way at FT -- but after doing this route now a few times (I'm actually flying ANC-HNL tomorrow, mandatory meeting in HNL thursday.. ugh). However, myself and a number of F pax were dozing off fairly quickly on this flight and the service took quite a while. the FA in F didn't even begin our beverage service until well after Y was done (she had a senior FA help her with the service).
Old May 1, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
4/23 AS361 SMF-SEA 5pm departure

"Cobb" salad, in reality it was not very good. Iceberg lettuce w/ what appeared to be canned chicken, a few slices of HB egg, and a few other random veggies (shredded carrots and cucumbers). Better than nothing, but far and away the least impressive meal/snack I have had on AS. I hope this one doesn't stick around long.

Poor quality salad was offset nicely by copious amounts of Icy Bay (^^^) and great service from FA Alison on this short flight.
Old May 1, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
4/23 AS361 SMF-SEA 5pm departure

"Cobb" salad, in reality it was not very good. Iceberg lettuce w/ what appeared to be canned chicken, a few slices of HB egg, and a few other random veggies (shredded carrots and cucumbers). Better than nothing, but far and away the least impressive meal/snack I have had on AS. I hope this one doesn't stick around long.

Poor quality salad was offset nicely by copious amounts of Icy Bay (^^^) and great service from FA Alison on this short flight.
4/24, AS377 SFO-SEA, 6:10pm

Pretty sure I got the same thing you did, or at least in the same general neighborhood.

Here's a photo:

Whether it was identical or not, mine was also the least appetizing AS meal I've had in a while, especially since I've had some really tasty and filling salads on this exact flight.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? REPORTS (2015 edition)

Date: 5/1/15
Flight: AS #118
Route: ANC-SEA
Length Just over 3 hours
Departure: Sceduled 11:35 AM (Delayed an hour)
Class: First

PDB: Water bottles at the seat, no other beverage service.

Meal - Lunch: There was a new menu item this month that I haven't seen in rotation (neither had Kate, the FA) It's a slightly different take on a Cubano sandwich made with (pressed formed) turkey, ham, melted cheese (Swiss?), mustard, dill pickle slices and mojo sauce served warm on a ciabatta-like crusty roll. It was pretty good as far as warm sandwiches go - way better than the regular pressed-formed-turkey-parts sandwich, but not quite as good as the banh mi.

It was served with a (tacky) bag of potato chips and a mint Seattle Chocolate. IMO the dish would have been better as a F class dish if it would have been served with a side of slaw, green salad or potato salad.

Side Note: A couple of people opted for the cheese plate. The FA plated each one. It was a much nicer presentation than being tossed one of the boxes from coach like the last few times I've requested one in lieu of the F meal.

Coach had Shepherd 's Pie as their hot option.

Last edited by AKCuisine; May 19, 2015 at 4:22 pm Reason: Add photo
Old May 3, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Date: 5/1/15
Flight: AS #837
Route: SJC-HNL
Departure: 9:00 am, 4 hr 50 minute flight

PDB: Water bottles at the seat, "island mimosas" (guava + sparkling wine) offered

Fresh seasonal fruit (peaches & pineapple) w/choice of pastries (scone or danish)

Entree Choices:

Scrambled eggs w/Shrimp and scallions, yukon gold smashed potatoes

Cheese Blintz w/Pineapple compote, scrambled eggs w/cream cheese, chicken apple sausage

Mai tais + mixed nuts offered about an hour before landing
Old May 5, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS
SEA/ LAX #460 11:10 am
May 5

Bottled water at seat

Grilled cheese with Tim's chips ( not the one with bacon jam from December )

I passed and asked for Fruit and Cheese from Y.

FA walks by my aisle seat and "drops" it on my tray table and keeps walking to galley. Whoa.....I get up and ask for napkin, utensils and a plate. "Why do,you need those"? Oh well.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route/Date: AS 6/LAX-DCA/April 29, 2015
Time/Duration: 12:55 p.m./5:20
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 737-800/N518AS/2A
Meal: Lunch

My first flight on Alaska after a status match turned out to be a good one!

Water bottles were at the seats; no other pre-departure drinks were offered.

After takeoff menus and warm towels were distributed. Being in row 2 I got my choice.

Nuts and drinks were served first; I chose a Crown Royal.

Menu
FIRST CLASS SERVICE

Welcome Aboard Alaska Airlines

Appetizer Salad

Farro Salad
Warm Dinner Roll

Unusual salad, but I enjoyed the taste and texture.

Choice of Entrées

Blackened Chicken

Creamy Polenta
Creamed Spinach

This was pretty good, although the sauce was a bit salty for my taste. The spinach was perfectly cooked.

or

Trident Hot Smoked
Wild Alaskan Salmon Mac and Cheese
Steamed Broccoli

We feature wines from Chateau Ste. Michelle

Dessert

Chuckanut Huckleberry Cheesecake

Chuckanut Bay Foods Bellingham WA

Also very nice; the texture was nice and fluffy and the berries added a pleasant tartness.

I watched some episodes of "Big Bang Theory" on the provided tablet (free for first class, $10 for economy). Drinks were topped throughout the flight. The crew was delightful; very personable and attentive. We arrived right on time at DCA.

FLD100 C2
FLD100A C1
DH-49E (5/14)
Old May 7, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route/Date: AS 5/DCA-LAX/May 2, 2015
Time/Duration: 9:15 a.m./5:49
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 737-800/N508AS/2F
Meal: Breakfast

Water bottles were again at the seats; a tray of coffee was offered before departure.

Menus and hot towels after takeoff. I received my choice again. I indulged in a sparkling wine with my breakfast and watched "Horrible Bosses 2" on my tablet, followed by "Still Alice."

Menu
FIRST CLASS SERVICE

Good Morning and Welcome Aboard Alaska Airlines

First Class Breakfast

First Seasonal Fruit
Warm Fresh Pastries

Grapefruit with some small strawberry pieces; pastries were offered from the basket; I had a Danish. I think the other choice was a croissant.

Choice of Entrées

Mushroom and Swiss Omelet

O'Brien Red Potatoes
Chicken Apple Sausage

The omelet was nice; hot and filled with cheese and mushrooms.

The potatoes O'Brien was more of a potato/pepper/onion mix, but went well with the omelet and sausage.

or

Quiche Lorraine

A couple of hours later (drinks were refilled regularly), a full beverage service and warm nuts was offered.

We arrived about 25 minutes early in LAX. Another good flight!

FB100 C2
FB100A C1
DH-49B (7/15)
Old May 9, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date: 5/2/15
Flight: AS #792
Route: SEA-DTW
Duration 4 hours, 15 minutes
Departure: 8:50 AM

PDB: Water bottles at the seat. No coffee, juice or other beverages were offered, and there were no unusual circumstances that would have prevented the service from being offered.

FA passed out the menus & took drink orders soon after reaching 10,000 feet, and warm towels followed.

Meal - Breakfast

I was a bit surprised to have a choice of breakfast entrees on the SEA-DTW flight (1,927 miles) that's not much longer than either ANC-SEA (1,448) or ANC-PDX (1,542).

The choices were a Chorizo scramble with pinto beans and pico de gallo, or a Beecher's Flagship cheese & asparagus quiche.

Menu:

An hour into the flight & she still had not taken meal orders ... tummies were growling.

Finally, at about 70 minutes into the flight, she passed the fruit plates. Mine had sour strawberry wedges, pieces of rather stringy pineapple and what appeared to be canned peach wedges.

Fruit Plate:

She then came by with the bread basket -- and passed out the pastries with her bare hands.

And she got quite snippy when I suggested that she use tongs since it would be more sanitary.

About an hour and a half into the flight we finally received our entrees.

The individual quiche was similar in presentation to the Swiss chard version that showed up on menus back in April 2014, but I found this version to be more to my liking - despite being quite underseasoned. Unfortunately the mushrooms were the opposite - desiccated little rubber salt licks.

Beecher's Flagship cheese and asparagus Quiche:

Warm mixed nuts were served later in the flight.

Last edited by AKCuisine; May 19, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.