Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Account audited asking for proof of address

Account audited asking for proof of address

Old Dec 6, 13, 12:06 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
If they have a legitimate business reason to flag an account for potential fraudulent conduct, that is fine. Not because they are reluctant to pay $$$ for that customer - who has clearly not violated any terms of the MP program - to book an F award. That is how I read that post [reasoning for making redemption difficult rather than reasoning for audit].
The account would have been just as blocked for a one way SEA-GEG redemption. When an account is flagged, the system blocks all redemptions, not just big ones.
Old Dec 9, 13, 1:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post
I went to book it and the website said to call alaska. I called and got customer service and they said they want a proof of address with drivers licence.
I do not have a current DL
I offered a passport ( which obviously has a date of birth)
they refused
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post
I offered bank statement and pp in my name
nup wouldn't accept that got to a supervisor who said nup.
Originally Posted by missydarlin View Post
They needed an address verification which is why they wanted a DL and not a passport.
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
+1 - At least US passports, don't have an address on them. Simply a place where you can write yours in so that you might get it back if you lose it. The fact that you have a passport doesn't have anything to do with an address.
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
Anyway back on topic, I think the gist of the OP's compliant was not the audit itself, but the fact AS refuses to accept a different form of ID and Address Verification other than a Driver's License.
Based on the OP, a different form of address verification was not offered to AS. OP offered a passport and a credit card statement, which, as discussed above, isn't as effective as a utility bill in verifying an address. I'd recommend the OP consider providing that type of ID, and hopefully AS will accept it. I doubt they want only a driver's license and nothing else. Hang up, call again, be reasonable, and one will have more luck than by writing the Washington State Attorney General.
Old Dec 10, 13, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
What could be wrong with a foreign address - do FFP abroad get any special benefit?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: