Wiki Posts
Search

Random preCheck ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Random preCheck ?

Flew SEA-LAX this evening with my wife; I am MVPG, she has no status. Neither of us is US citizen (otherwise I would apply for preCheck - I have Global Entry).

As I scanned our eBPs from my iPhone for the ID checker, her's got a double beep, and she was given a paper voucher which entitled her to go through the WTMD rather than the nudoscope, and keep her shoes on.

This sounds a lot like preCheck, but not only does she not have it, she isn't even eligable.

Any thoughts on what happened here ?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Reports are that Pre Check is no longer limited to those who qualify. Causing madness in some other forums such as DL

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-prechek.html

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
We’ve wanted to jump in to this conversation about the recent increase in volume at TSA PreCheck lanes around the country so that we could clarify some key points of the program from our perspective.

Delta was one of two carriers to partner with the TSA to implement the agency’s screening initiative in 2011 and since then, many of you have benefitted from getting through security lanes faster.

Earlier this year, the TSA announced its intention to increase the number of airports equipped with TSA PreCheck lanes, while also growing the pool of eligible travelers as it works toward moving a greater percentage of passengers through expedited screening lanes. To do this, the TSA uses data already provided by airlines, to determine an individual’s level of risk on a per flight segment basis, in addition to those customers accustomed to receiving TSA PreCheck.

It’s important to remember that TSA PreCheck is a TSA initiative. While Delta supports the initiative, it is the TSA, not Delta who determines a passenger’s eligibility. We continue to work in partnership with the TSA to look for ways to improve the airport experience for our customers, including airport security screening.

Last edited by beckoa; Oct 20, 2013 at 12:57 am Reason: Added quote
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
They forced me to Pre Check

I flew out of Seattle on Friday.

I was flying on Alaska, where I am not premier and have no Pre Check rights.

They forced me through the pre check line.

I assume they did it because the Pre Check line was empty.

EW
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
There's lots of discussion about this over in the PreCheck thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...e-program.html.

Neil
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: MVPG75K/Boardroom
I flew out of SEA last night...the pre-check line wasn't that long, but they were funneling all the lines (elite, non-elite, pre-check) into the pre-check line. Pre-check people were given priority at the point where the lines merged. This was clearly agitating a couple of people who were at the head of the line who had to wait while 6 of us filed in front of them...I felt a tad uncomfortable sneaking past them actually, but I recovered quickly.

No knowing what was going on, I asked the TSA screener who said it was the new 'multiple inclusion screening program' that is being rolled out...He made quite a point of saying that short pre-check lines were a thing of the past. This was disappointing to me as I was sure that pre-check was conceived and implemented solely for my personal convenience . Oh well..it was good while it lasted..no more showing up 45 minutes before a flight...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by wind6765
No knowing what was going on, I asked the TSA screener who said it was the new 'multiple inclusion screening program' that is being rolled out...He made quite a point of saying that short pre-check lines were a thing of the past. This was disappointing to me as I was sure that pre-check was conceived and implemented solely for my personal convenience . Oh well..it was good while it lasted..no more showing up 45 minutes before a flight...
But, one of the reasons PreCheck was instituted WAS to allow trusted travelers to move quickly through security Same reason there were "priority" lines for airlines frequent travelers. Went through checkpoint 5 today (yeah!!) but, it was crowded and SLOW so many people unpacking and then re-packing in the Pre Check lane, sigh. The best to hope for is that more travelers will become familiar with the routine or have experienced folks ahead or behind them that clue them in. In my last 5 flights people in front and behind me were first timers and had no clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.