Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flying Emirates with AS award - perks question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)

Hi, we have an upcoming flight from SEA-DXB-IST on Emirates business using AS miles. The DXB layover is 18 hours. We plan to sightsee in Dubai and stay over in a hotel. From what I can glean, the Dubai Connect service does not apply to AS mileage tickets (though it seems to apply to other Emirate's partners). Any ideas about the complimentary chauffeur service? I was able to book a car for the outbound trip to SEA, but there was no link to book the car service in DXB or in IST. I've called the partner desk but they have limited knowledge about Emirates. I tried calling the Emirates desk but was routed to a call center in India where the operator knew far, far less than the FT people Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by QT31415
Any ideas about the complimentary chauffeur service?
I pulled up my reservation on Emirates website and it does give me the option to book the car service. It gives me 4 transfers with my stop-over award. At origin, from DXB airport, back to DXB airport and at the destination.

I'm not sure about the hotel as i'm not on one that qualifies as i'm not on a forced overnight with next flight out
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Thanks CD, I'll try calling Emirates again.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Exclamation

Originally Posted by QT31415
Thanks CD, I'll try calling Emirates again.
Definitely call Emirates directly. I booked Emirates Business for SEA-DXB-BOM several months ago and on certain parts of the DXB and BOM legs, I couldn't arrange service online and had to call it in for them to arrange it.

Even it being an AS Miles redemption, you should still be able to use the chauffeur service.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:01 pm

Worst case, just walk up to the EK chauffeur lounge outside of arrivals. They'll likely hook you up even though you only have an 18 hour layover (at least one way).
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:42 pm

Can one use AS miles to book an award on Emirates from DXB-Asia? I will already be in the area so do not need to start from N. America.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Can one use AS miles to book an award on Emirates from DXB-Asia? I will already be in the area so do not need to start from N. America.
Nope must involve north america for Emirates

If you need to go middle east to HKG you can get CX. Then you can buy a revenue ticket or cash in a CX intra-asia award. Very few partners have awards for AS members that don't touch North America

Last edited by CDKing; Mar 10, 2014 at 1:00 pm Reason: Added CX info
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
As stated above, must be to/from North America. Lucky has a good write up today on using AS miles that might be worth looking in to.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Nope must involve north america for Emirates

If you need to go middle east to HKG you can get CX. Then you can buy a revenue ticket or cash in a CX intra-asia award. Very few partners have awards for AS members that don't touch North America
When I saw that CX had redemptions outside of N. America, I hoped that other partners did so as well. Now I know...
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mwsea
As stated above, must be to/from North America. Lucky has a good write up today on using AS miles that might be worth looking in to.
Thank you for the heads up. It was a great read, I bookmarked it for future reference. Here's the link for others interested.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:22 pm

good read thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.