FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Alaska and ANA Interline Agreement (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1488662-alaska-ana-interline-agreement.html)

O Sora Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

Alaska and ANA Interline Agreement

No interline bags. Sad.

From ANA website.
https://www.ana.co.jp/topics/notice130723/index_e.html

--------------------------
INFORMATION ABOUT TERMINATION OF INTERLINE TRAFFIC
AGREEMENT WITH ALASKA AIRLINES (AS)

Thank you for flying All Nippon Airways.
ANA will terminate the Interline Traffic Agreement with Alaska Airlines (AS, Head office in U.S.) as of August 1st, 2013.

ANA can not accept reservation/ticketing of Alaska Airlines flights as well as itinerary changes including Alaska Airlines flights on/after August 1st, 2013

Baggage will not be through checked for connection between ANA ⇔ Alaska Airlines on/after August 1st, 2013.

Please contact ANA International Reservation and Information Center in your respective area for further questions. If you have purchased at a travel agency, please contact to your ticket issuing agency.
We apologize for any inconvenience and ask for your understanding.

Inquiries
(1)Within Japan
ANA International Reservations
0570-029-709
03-6741-1120(Tokyo)
06-7637-6679(Osaka)
8:00a.m.-8:00p.m.
(2)Outside of Japan
please contact ANA International Reservation and Information Center in your respective area.
July 23rd, 2013
All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.

TProphet Jul 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Airlines terminating baggage agreements is really, really annoying. How much could the cost savings possibly be versus the inconvenience to passengers, particularly on international routes? Note that on most international routes, it's impossible to claim bags and re-check without going through passport control, so the termination of a baggage agreement also means an effective termination of visa-free transit in a given country.

fumbalah May 1, 2018 2:33 pm

Just as an updated data point to this - both ANA and Alaska confirmed they have an interline agreement on my upcoming trip to Tokyo.

Tankerman May 1, 2018 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by fumbalah (Post 29704386)
Just as an updated data point to this - both ANA and Alaska confirmed they have an interline agreement on my upcoming trip to Tokyo.

Doesn’t the article reference 2013?

PABE May 1, 2018 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by fumbalah (Post 29704386)

Yes, NH and AS do currently interline. See list of interline agreements for AS from EF:
Code:

MAY ISSUE TICKETS INCLUDING
AA AC AF AM AS AV AY AZ BA BR CA CI CM CX
CZ DE DL EI EK FI FJ HA HR HU HX IB JJ JL
KA KE KL KS LA LH LP LR LY MF MH MT MU MW
NH NZ OO OZ PR PS PZ QF QR SK SQ SU SV SY
S4 TA TK TN T0 UA VA VS VW VX WP WS XL 3M
4C 4M 7H 9K

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
AA AC AF AM AS AV AY AZ BA BR CA CI CM CX
CZ DE DL EI EK FI FJ HA HR HU HX IB JJ JL
KE KL KS LA LH LP LR LY MF MH MT MU MW NH
NZ OO OZ PR PS PZ QF QR SK SQ SU SV SY S4
TA TK TN T0 UA VA VS VW VX WP WS XL 3M 4C
4M 7H 9K

Originally Posted by Tankerman (Post 29704409)

Doesn’t the article reference 2013?

Bumping old threads isn't always bad - the outdated information was being corrected :)

s0ssos Jul 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Cool. So does that mean for my NH flight to America, with a separate ticketed flight on AS after, I can check my bags all the way through?

rustykettel Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 30013881)
Cool. So does that mean for my NH flight to America, with a separate ticketed flight on AS after, I can check my bags all the way through?

It's possible but it's up to ANA if they will check it all the way through. I'd ask in the ANA forum since they don't seem to have a published policy one way or another.

Also, depending on the arrival airport, there may not be a bag drop immediately after customs and the AS agent may retag the bag at the ticket counter.

eponymous_coward Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm

It doesn’t matter, you need to claim luggage on entry to the US anyway.

Flying for Fun Jul 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 30013949)
It doesn’t matter, you need to claim luggage on entry to the US anyway.

Yes, but if it is checked through you can drop it on the transfer belt. Saves a little time tracking someone down to recheck onwards.

James

s0ssos Jul 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 30013948)

It's possible but it's up to ANA if they will check it all the way through. I'd ask in the ANA forum since they don't seem to have a published policy one way or another.

Also, depending on the arrival airport, there may not be a bag drop immediately after customs and the AS agent may retag the bag at the ticket counter.

The problem is it is an outstation so do not know how good they will be.

Flying into IAD, have a day there so AS will not checkin for me when I arrrive

s0ssos Jul 26, 2018 3:24 am

So I got NH to tag it through, I presume I can just drop it off at IAD and AS will take care of the rest?

worldwidedreamer Jul 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 30014650)
So I got NH to tag it through, I presume I can just drop it off at IAD and AS will take care of the rest?

Remember to cross your fingers for good luck!

beckoa Jul 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos (Post 30014650)

AS may or may not accept the bag. Best of luck at the outstation- if there is a bag drop, there are much better odds.

Please keep us posted, and thanks for the data point with NH.

be_rettSEA Jul 27, 2018 8:28 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 30017776)
AS may or may not accept the bag. Best of luck at the outstation- if there is a bag drop, there are much better odds.

If there's not a bag drop (I don't recall from my flights through IAD, never re-checked baggage to connect there), keep in mind many outstations have limited hours for their check-in desk, unlike SEA or LAX which are open most of the day. For Dulles it's 4:30 am - 10:00 am; 1:15 pm - 6:15 pm, per the website, and they note bags are only accepted 4 hrs prior to departure.

s0ssos Jul 27, 2018 9:37 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 30017776)

Please keep us posted, and thanks for the data point with NH.

Well, no data point. NH had it listed on their records, no problem. No idea what AS would have done as I went to exit, and then realized my bags are not coming out here. I should have gone to conmection.
So now NH will bring my bag to me and it was all a wasted effort to check through