Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Anyone doing the PDX-JFK run for Alaska double mile promotion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond

Hey FT'ers!

Anyone in the PNW taking this flight in Jan/Feb for the double mile promotion? I'm going on a few to start 2018 on the right foot and maybe meet some other FT'ers. I have the following booked:

1/13, 1/14, 1/27 ...... will you be on any of these flights?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
You do realize the double miles don't count for elite qualification right?

Neil
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by missamo80
You do realize the double miles don't count for elite qualification right?

Neil
If the price is right and you don't mind sitting in Y and already have elite status than these can still be great when using the AS50 money & miles award.

Cheap way to chip away at Status Qualification roughly 5k eqm's at a time and bank the Bonus miles from the promo for your hassles
JPat and jiburi like this.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Nov 4, 2017 at 9:53 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:33 am

Hi -

I think I would prefer the PDX-DTW route for DRDM. $99 each way plus the layover is not as long + you get back to PDX at 900AM.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I think I would prefer the PDX-DTW route for DRDM. $99 each way plus the layover is not as long + you get back to PDX at 900AM.
It is a longer layover but I can't pass up an extra 1000 eqm for $122 each way. My redeemable miles will be nearly 16,000 for each trip.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:11 am
vgc

Originally Posted by bosca418
Hey FT'ers!

Anyone in the PNW taking this flight in Jan/Feb for the double mile promotion? I'm going on a few to start 2018 on the right foot and maybe meet some other FT'ers. I have the following booked:

1/13, 1/14, 1/27 ...... will you be on any of these flights?
Do you drive to Portland for these flights? I considered this route to get a head start on qualifying for MVP next year plus the double miles, but I couldn't justify the 6 hour roundtrip drive to and from Portland.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Alaska MVP, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
If the price is right and you don't mind sitting in Y and already have elite status than these can still be great when using the AS50 money & miles award.

Cheap way to chip away at Status Qualification roughly 5k eqm's at a time and bank the Bonus miles from the promo for your hassles
Do you get the full mileage reward for paying with miles and money?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by shkotz
Do you get the full mileage reward for paying with miles and money?
Yes
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Make sure you bring a coat even if not planning on leaving the airport. JFK terminal is freezing.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vgc
Do you drive to Portland for these flights? I considered this route to get a head start on qualifying for MVP next year plus the double miles, but I couldn't justify the 6 hour roundtrip drive to and from Portland.
yeah im driving down for a couple and the wife and I flying down and taking Amtrak back up. The train ride is nice.
flyupfrnt likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
Make sure you bring a coat even if not planning on leaving the airport. JFK terminal is freezing.

I didn't find it cold.

But I did leave it in the coat closet *mad* on AS629 on 10/29.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa

I didn't find it cold.

But I did leave it in the coat closet *mad* on AS629 on 10/29.
Says the guy who wears shorts 365 days a year in Alaska

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.