Building status on DL as an Alaska 75K

Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Building status on DL as an Alaska 75K

So, I have flown enough this year to make 75K in a month or so - I end up flying DL quite a bit (only because I have to, terrible delayed flight experience with them) and I will inevitably fly them a lot more this year. Since I will soon be leaving AS flight segments on the table when I make 75K, I would like to try to get some status on DL.

I now book DL with my AS mileage plan number to get seat selection and a faint hope of an upgrade (happened once only). When I do, of course I don't get credit toward status on DL. Is there a way that I can book future DL flights and get seat selection but apply the flights to my Sky Miles - or some other way to go about it?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
You could book your tickets as an AS 75K, choose your seats and then switch your reservation to the DL medallion number.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
I know DL offers status match/challenges for elite flyers of UA and AA, but do they offer an (unwritten) program for elite flyers of AS?

My instinct tells me they might not considering AS is one of their "partners" and AA and UA are more direct competitors.

Then again, I use partner very loosely. More like revenue-booster.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:19 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LaneW
So, I have flown enough this year to make 75K in a month or so - I end up flying DL quite a bit (only because I have to, terrible delayed flight experience with them) and I will inevitably fly them a lot more this year. Since I will soon be leaving AS flight segments on the table when I make 75K, I would like to try to get some status on DL.

I now book DL with my AS mileage plan number to get seat selection and a faint hope of an upgrade (happened once only). When I do, of course I don't get credit toward status on DL. Is there a way that I can book future DL flights and get seat selection but apply the flights to my Sky Miles - or some other way to go about it?
Both programs are very explicit that you must choose a single program from which to derive benefits for any given flight. If you want to take advantage of your AS status for seat selection, baggage allowances, and upgrade chances, you must credit the flight to your AS MP number.

If, on the other hand, you want to accrue to DL SkyMiles, you must include your SkyMiles number and will only be eligible for benefits appropriate to your current Medallion status.

There is no way to mix and match benefits from two programs for a single flight. Even if there were (some people propose asking the GA to change your FF number at the gate after you have checked in), it is against the terms of both programs to do so.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
have you considered asking for a one-time status match? you can email proof to [email protected] and see what they might do for you. That would get you status while you build credit.

Many major employers have special qualifying offers with delta as well...
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Worth a try, I guess.... I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.