First trip on AS to SLC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
First trip on AS to SLC

The good:

Apparently not elite heavy at all. Upgrades both ways at booking. ^

The bad: Terrible signage in T2. Walked all over the terminal before finding the ticket counter all the way at the end of the terminal.

Other than that - u/g each way = :-:
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
First trip on AS to SLC

Public transport avail at airport to downtown
Rental cars are on site
Awesomely short and pretty flight
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Last month I flew SEA to SLC to attend a meeting, a friend that lives just north of us booked his flight at the same time as mine so we could all fly out together. We often fly to the same meeting on the same QX flights when the meeting is in Idaho or Montana. On the way to the airport I asked if he was upgraded since for once, this was an AS metal not QX but he said no, and I mentioned I did not see him on the UG list either so what was going on? After much discussion we figured out... he was flying Delta, we were on AS but both flights left SEA at the exact same time! How odd was that??

Turns out though, his plane departed before ours and beat us by about 15 minutes.

I have flown through SLC back to SEA with him several times, once I saw my name on the upgrade list (when it was a delta flight) twice. the first was one that had cleared and was upgraded, the second was #19 of 23. I was getting ready to be thrilled when I heard my name being called, and it was my brother in law that has the same first name as me and of course our last names are the same. Sigh, his name was the one that got upgraded, mine was the one that was 19 out of 23.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Yep - interesting phenomenon - there was a SLC-SEA Delta flight departing 7 minutes from the AS flight.

Saturday - 5:10PM - they upgraded everyone possible and made an announcement - $50 to upgrade to F. I don't think anyone took them up on it and I believe a pilot got the seat. He specifically told the FA he was happy to fly in the back if they had someone to move up front which was very cool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.