AS Boardroom Day Passes

Old May 8, 13, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
AS Boardroom Day Passes

Quick Q please:

I've got a post in CC to trade for a couple of boardroom passes, but with no response. That triggered the thought that I see a LOT of AA, and UA lounge passes being traded but I rarely see any offer / request for AS..

Where do people get these passes? and what are some ways I could get a couple (besides buying them obviously)?

Thanks!

Mark
Old May 8, 13, 4:40 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
AS doesn't really give them away. So anyone who has them, probably paid for them.
Old May 8, 13, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

In the 75K package AS sends out 4 BR passes. Most others are sold.
Old May 8, 13, 7:06 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
People who want Boardroom access may already have Priority Pass thanks to an Amex Plat card. Lack of demand means you won't see many offers or requests.

United and American each have larger networks, hand out more passes, and club access is a little harder to get (eg, I have to be flying American to get access with my Plat card).
Old May 8, 13, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Oh I see.. so it really is just less demand, and less supply. Ok cool.

I do have priority pass for myself and my wife has one too. it's for our wedding and 2 of our best friends are going with us, so we'd like to get them 2 passes too.. ah well, hope for some luck from CC. if not worst case we pay $27 or something per person as guest.

thanks for the fast responses.
Old May 9, 13, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
You use to get them when you applied, and were approved for, the AS credit card. I don't think that is true anymore. Anyone know for sure?
Old May 11, 13, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Chase gives out the UA Club passes like candy to Explorer card holders so the market is flooded with them...you don't see much AS trading (upgrades, miles, passes, etc.) at all on CC which you could attribute to a lower route network and elite base, although DL is a pretty big airline and DL items get traded far less frequently than UA or AA.
Old May 11, 13, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
You use to get them when you applied, and were approved for, the AS credit card. I don't think that is true anymore. Anyone know for sure?
No, I believe there is a discount offered for membership but not the passes that used to be handed out. Just got a new (Cdn) card a few months ago but I believe the perks are the same for the US version.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: