Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by arrek
The pull only went to EXP and combined with the pull for the personal. This was for an app w/in the District of Columbia. I was under the impression that biz cards didn't report to personal credit report (and didn't see one on my report this month). Can you clarify?

Both my cards took about a week to arrive. Miles posted before card arrived on the personal card (biz required a purchase for miles). I will note I had zero relationship with BOA and still got 30K on the personal card.
How long for 25K from business card to post? Still don't have mine despite purchase, though personal posted in 2 days.

Last edited by tarkaboy; Oct 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm Reason: forgot to mention purchase.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by tarkaboy
How long for 25K from business card to post? Still don't have mine despite purchase, though personal posted in 2 days.
It was the day after the statement closed for me.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Alaska Airlines 40K offer (Personal or Business)

Just received a postcard in the mail today with a new Alaska Airlines mileage offer. It does not appear to be targeted and there is no expiration date listed.

Up to 40K miles for the personal and/or business Visa Signature card. (the card says business owners can double their miles so I take that to mean that the personal and business card can be applied for at the same time)

25K on approval. Additional 15K for $2,000 spend per month for first 12 months. Other benefits are the same as the previous cards... $99 companion fare, 3x miles on Alaska Air purchases, 1x on everything else, $75 annual fee NOT waived for the first year.

Personal:
go.bofa.com/alaska40000

Business:
go.bofa.com/business40k

Last edited by skitch23; Oct 21, 2013 at 11:42 pm Reason: Edited spend terms.... too late in the day to be reading fine print :-p
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: Too many to list
right in time for my round of applications.
thanks
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:21 am

Just signed up for the 30K offer 3 days ago, wonder if BofA would match the 40K offer if I talked to customer service? Haven't even received the card yet.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:38 am

That's an awful lot to spend for an extra 10k, even with ms making it easy. You could sign up for the 30k offer, spend nothing and use the extra $2k each month on other cards.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:55 am

Very tempted at the Alaska Biz Card. Already have the Personal version of card. Is B of A Biz card hard to get just like with US. Bank or Chase with their United Explorer Biz card (first rejection from any card company)?

Anyone have both Personal and Biz from B of A?

Oops! Misread the fine print. 2k per month not just 2k.

Last edited by metoo; Oct 22, 2013 at 10:04 am
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Tempting offer, but the $2k/month may be more burden than benefit (in my opinion).

MS would make it easy, but how does BoA treat VRs/big CVS purchases?

I wouldn't wanna keep this in the wallet necessarily....the 30k offer (if still alive) may be worth it, just to save myself from the $2k/m hassle.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:45 am

Quote-

MS would make it easy, but how does BoA treat VRs/big CVS purchases?

Had the B of A Virgin Atlantic Card before. All CVS VRs purchases. No problem.

Also, I am a long time Banking Customer with B of A.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:14 am

Not a bad offer, especially being that these miles transfer at a nice rate to use on American Airlines flights.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:16 am

Does anyone know if you can use the companion ticket on a partner airline or is that only on Alaska air?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: AS,UA
Originally Posted by brettskyg
Does anyone know if you can use the companion ticket on a partner airline or is that only on Alaska air?
Its only for Alaska Air flights
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:54 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to Alaska Airlines forum, the best place to discuss any AS service or product, including credit cards.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Very tempted at the Alaska Biz Card. Already have the Personal version of card. Is B of A Biz card hard to get just like with US. Bank or Chase with their United Explorer Biz card (first rejection from any card company)?

Anyone have both Personal and Biz from B of A?
You can get multiple personal cards.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by zs58
You can get multiple personal cards.
Do you cancel the card first?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.