FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines Visa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1462859-alaska-airlines-visa.html)

tarkaboy Oct 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by arrek (Post 21542284)
The pull only went to EXP and combined with the pull for the personal. This was for an app w/in the District of Columbia. I was under the impression that biz cards didn't report to personal credit report (and didn't see one on my report this month). Can you clarify?

Both my cards took about a week to arrive. Miles posted before card arrived on the personal card (biz required a purchase for miles). I will note I had zero relationship with BOA and still got 30K on the personal card.

How long for 25K from business card to post? Still don't have mine despite purchase, though personal posted in 2 days.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by tarkaboy (Post 21645314)
How long for 25K from business card to post? Still don't have mine despite purchase, though personal posted in 2 days.

It was the day after the statement closed for me.

skitch23 Oct 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Alaska Airlines 40K offer (Personal or Business)

Just received a postcard in the mail today with a new Alaska Airlines mileage offer. It does not appear to be targeted and there is no expiration date listed.

Up to 40K miles for the personal and/or business Visa Signature card. (the card says business owners can double their miles so I take that to mean that the personal and business card can be applied for at the same time)

25K on approval. Additional 15K for $2,000 spend per month for first 12 months. Other benefits are the same as the previous cards... $99 companion fare, 3x miles on Alaska Air purchases, 1x on everything else, $75 annual fee NOT waived for the first year.

Personal:
go.bofa.com/alaska40000

Business:
go.bofa.com/business40k

ThePointsCollector Oct 21, 2013 11:43 pm

right in time for my round of applications.
thanks

xchpstang Oct 22, 2013 12:21 am

Just signed up for the 30K offer 3 days ago, wonder if BofA would match the 40K offer if I talked to customer service? Haven't even received the card yet.

sound48 Oct 22, 2013 12:38 am

That's an awful lot to spend for an extra 10k, even with ms making it easy. You could sign up for the 30k offer, spend nothing and use the extra $2k each month on other cards.

metoo Oct 22, 2013 5:55 am

Very tempted at the Alaska Biz Card. Already have the Personal version of card. Is B of A Biz card hard to get just like with US. Bank or Chase with their United Explorer Biz card (first rejection from any card company)?

Anyone have both Personal and Biz from B of A?

Oops! Misread the fine print. 2k per month not just 2k.

pricesquire Oct 22, 2013 7:17 am

Tempting offer, but the $2k/month may be more burden than benefit (in my opinion).

MS would make it easy, but how does BoA treat VRs/big CVS purchases?

I wouldn't wanna keep this in the wallet necessarily....the 30k offer (if still alive) may be worth it, just to save myself from the $2k/m hassle.

metoo Oct 22, 2013 7:45 am

Quote-

MS would make it easy, but how does BoA treat VRs/big CVS purchases?

Had the B of A Virgin Atlantic Card before. All CVS VRs purchases. No problem.

Also, I am a long time Banking Customer with B of A.

brettskyg Oct 22, 2013 8:14 am

Not a bad offer, especially being that these miles transfer at a nice rate to use on American Airlines flights.

brettskyg Oct 22, 2013 8:16 am

Does anyone know if you can use the companion ticket on a partner airline or is that only on Alaska air?

lebowski2222 Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am

Originally Posted by brettskyg (Post 21648593)
Does anyone know if you can use the companion ticket on a partner airline or is that only on Alaska air?

Its only for Alaska Air flights

mia Oct 22, 2013 8:54 am

Moderator action

Thread transferred to Alaska Airlines forum, the best place to discuss any AS service or product, including credit cards.

zs58 Oct 22, 2013 9:49 am

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 21647979)
Very tempted at the Alaska Biz Card. Already have the Personal version of card. Is B of A Biz card hard to get just like with US. Bank or Chase with their United Explorer Biz card (first rejection from any card company)?

Anyone have both Personal and Biz from B of A?

You can get multiple personal cards.

metoo Oct 22, 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by zs58 (Post 21649095)
You can get multiple personal cards.

Do you cancel the card first?