Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:37 pm

I just created an Alaska Airlines online account using the mileage plan number printed on my personal credit cards.
When I logged in, I discovered that I only have about 50k miles in my account. I'm supposed to have a combined total of over 75k miles from the 3 cards.
Where can I find the remaining 25k miles that I was supposed to receive from the business card signup bonus?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by joer1212
I just checked my 3 cards, and I noticed that the 2 personal ones have the ff number printed under my name (forgot to check there ). They both have the same number, thankfully.
However, the business credit card does not have a number anywhere. It's possible that I was assigned a different mileage plan number, but I'm wondering why it wouldn't it be displayed on the card. Where would I find it?
You can use the MP number you have to create an account on the AS site. If you've got that third 25k deposit there, you're golden.

Edit: Aaaaaand that's why I should make sure there isn't a new page with unread posts before replying. I'd suggest calling AS to see if they can track down your other account transfer the miles over.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
You can use the MP number you have to create an account on the AS site. If you've got that third 25k deposit there, you're golden.
Just checked, and the miles are not there. Only the miles from the personal cards were deposited (~50k). The miles from the business card are AWOL.
So, I have no miles, and no mileage number for the business card. I don't know why they have to make it so hard.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:01 pm

I just read the fine print on these credit cards, and it takes 6-8 weeks for miles to post from my business account, while the miles from the personal accounts are credited in only 2-3 weeks. I've only had these cards for about a month, so I should see the remaining miles soon.

Last edited by joer1212; Feb 2, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by joer1212
I just read the fine print on these credit cards, and it takes 6-8 weeks for miles to post from my business account, while the miles from the personal accounts are credited in only 2-3 weeks. I've only had these cards for about a month, so I should see the remaining miles soon.
I don't have a business card, but the bonus miles from my personal card credited before the card arrived, so I suspect the 2-3 weeks and 6-8 weeks are to cover themselves. I'd call Alaska; I suspect the business card miles are in a different account.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by ashill
I don't have a business card, but the bonus miles from my personal card credited before the card arrived, so I suspect the 2-3 weeks and 6-8 weeks are to cover themselves. I'd call Alaska; I suspect the business card miles are in a different account.
Good advice, thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Before calling anyone trying to "find" those miles, you need to look at your statement. It shows what number the miles are going to. I had this issue and 5 calls to AS and the bank got me nowhere.

Then my statement posted online and the AS number is there.

As to earning the miles and getting them. The spend has to hit BEFORE the billing runs each month. That trips people up often, including me. We had a small return one month that had one card just below the spend number. So, we had to wait another month.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Before calling anyone trying to "find" those miles, you need to look at your statement. It shows what number the miles are going to. I had this issue and 5 calls to AS and the bank got me nowhere.

Then my statement posted online and the AS number is there.

As to earning the miles and getting them. The spend has to hit BEFORE the billing runs each month. That trips people up often, including me. We had a small return one month that had one card just below the spend number. So, we had to wait another month.
I just checked my statement, and there are 0 miles reported to Alaska Airlines. There's also no ff # assigned to me on my Business account. It could be that the miles (when they eventually post) will be deposited into my existing Alaska mileage account that's associated with my personal credit cards.
Also, I may have to wait until the second monthly statement is generated, and I'll begin to worry if I don't see the miles by then.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Just got approved for my second AS Visa. Double the credit limit of the first and this time didn't get the approved for lower card and then have to play the call game. I applied in flight last weekend. Ive had my first card for 14 months. This should help drop my utilization after running up a 10K balance on some other cards due to my laptop i broke back in May, school tuition and my upcoming vacation run on Hainan.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Anyone know when the 3% foreign transaction fee is going away for the AS Signature Visa? I remember the investor presentation saying it was going away but I called the Alaska Visa Concierge Service and the lady didn't seem to know anything. I am trying to book some hotels abroad for a trip in May and June.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
Just got approved for my second AS Visa. Double the credit limit of the first and this time didn't get the approved for lower card and then have to play the call game. I applied in flight last weekend. Ive had my first card for 14 months. This should help drop my utilization after running up a 10K balance on some other cards due to my laptop i broke back in May, school tuition and my upcoming vacation run on Hainan.
Dang...now you make me want to finally get my 2nd one. Congrats ^
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Anyone know when the 3% foreign transaction fee is going away for the AS Signature Visa? I remember the investor presentation saying it was going away but I called the Alaska Visa Concierge Service and the lady didn't seem to know anything. I am trying to book some hotels abroad for a trip in May and June.
IDK the answer to that.

I do know this: it depends on if you are booking refundable reservations or non-refundable ones. If the former, you can book them with your AS card now, and then if the FTF hasn't gone away by the time you check out, just tell the desk clerk you want to change the payment to another card. But make sure you take whatever card you use to make the reservation along with you. Some hotels insist on seeing the card you used to reserve.

If you are making a non-refundable reservation, don't use a card unless you are sure it doesn't have a FTF the day you make the reservation, as they will charge your card the full amount immediately.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:34 am

After a very confusing personal + business application pairing about a month ago, I was denied the personal card (would have been my 3rd in twelve months, but the reason given for denial was "Too many inquiries lately") and approved for a business card. I still have one personal card open, though I lowered the CL to $1k a little over a month ago.

Do I need to lower the buisness CL to $1k and/or cancel the personal card to have a shot at another personal any time soon? The business has been open for a month, the personal for about 6 months.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
After a very confusing personal + business application pairing about a month ago, I was denied the personal card (would have been my 3rd in twelve months, but the reason given for denial was "Too many inquiries lately") and approved for a business card. I still have one personal card open, though I lowered the CL to $1k a little over a month ago.

Do I need to lower the buisness CL to $1k and/or cancel the personal card to have a shot at another personal any time soon? The business has been open for a month, the personal for about 6 months.
How many inquiries in the last 6 months? On whatever CB they pulled, which should be listed on the denial letter. Since you have been denied you are entitled to a free look at your CR from that CB. You just sign on to their website, select credit denied or some such, and enter the date of the denial letter. They won't give you your FICO, but the denial letter probably listed that anyway, but they will give you access to their list of the ccs you have open, and your HPs with them for the past 2 years.

BTW, I was approved last week with my AS card still open. I applied for it maybe 6 months ago. Probably only 4 enquiries in the past 6 months, since I either have cards open or am still in the 18/24 month waiting period.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
How many inquiries in the last 6 months? On whatever CB they pulled, which should be listed on the denial letter. Since you have been denied you are entitled to a free look at your CR from that CB. You just sign on to their website, select credit denied or some such, and enter the date of the denial letter. They won't give you your FICO, but the denial letter probably listed that anyway, but they will give you access to their list of the ccs you have open, and your HPs with them for the past 2 years.

BTW, I was approved last week with my AS card still open. I applied for it maybe 6 months ago. Probably only 4 enquiries in the past 6 months, since I either have cards open or am still in the 18/24 month waiting period.
Thanks for the tip, actually wasn't aware of the free credit report after denial! I've had 4 inquiries in the past 6 months as well, though one was for a student loan refinance, if that matters.

I guess my main question is whether or not the business card being open or staying at a high credit limit has any impact on whether or not I'll be extended personal credit. This is my first business card, so not sure how they work with personal cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.