Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:50 pm

Yes, the companion code remains in your account if you cancel the card.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I'm a Canadian who lives in the US. Can I get both the US and Canadian versions, with bonuses for both on the same Mileage Plan account?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I'm a Canadian who lives in the US. Can I get both the US and Canadian versions, with bonuses for both on the same Mileage Plan account?
Same answer as I gave you on the Mastercard thread to the same question:

I have both. As long as you can get approved credit-wise and residency-wise for both, AS doesn't care how many you have. It's the banks you have to convince. The two banks, BofA and MBNA (TD) have nothing to do with each other so they will have no idea if you have the other's product.

Cross posting is very much frowned upon on FT so you should just post your question on one thread.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:46 pm

Has anyone been approved for the 40k offer while keeping another AS card open? I know if I close my current account I should be able to open a new account.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by frenchie2
Anyone know how hard or easy it is to get a business card with BofA? I want to have one more companion ticket for a holiday trip to Mexico! Thanks!
In my latest AOR figured I would apply for both personal and biz. Personal approved instantly, while biz was put on pending. Called up recon, and the process was fairly painless (similar to Chase). They gave me a low cl, but I get the miles and the companion cert so I'm a happy camper.

Contrast with Barclays who refused the US biz for too many inquiries (at 4), despite all of my best efforts on recon.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:19 pm

30K on BIZ too?

I'm a BofA member, so I can get the 30K mileage offer, but I'd like to do the BIZ app at the same time. I'm wondering if the BIZ card will also be eligible for the 30K bonus. I've never done two cc app's at the same time - do you just fill them out on line and send in - one right after the other?

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:17 am

I applied for both at the same time, and as mentioned needed to call in on the biz card. I do some contract work in addition to my full time job, and its helpful to separate expenses. This was what I told the rep on the phone who was able to approve me.

Didn't find a 30k offer anywhere on the biz card so I had to settle for 25k. Also, keep in mind that miles post after first purchase, not upon approval.

Happy to answer further questions from my (minimal) experience, or would love to hear any other experiences with the AS biz card. Planning to churn both of these in 6-9 months.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by arrek
Planning to churn both of these in 6-9 months.
Thanks for your response. Will you cancel your current cards before churning? I know (most) folks do not cancel.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Chancensam
Thanks for your response. Will you cancel your current cards before churning? I know (most) folks do not cancel.
Beats me. It's my first time doing AS cards, so I will most likely not cancel the personal, but who can say for the biz. I like the companion passes, but can't see myself using more than maybe 3 per year, as I live out east and normally fly US.

Been virtually impossible to find info on the biz, so again, if anyone knows I am all ears, feel free to pm with more information.

Card activated last week, and my miles posted today.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:25 pm
cnn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Dell Streak Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by arrek
I applied for both at the same time, and as mentioned needed to call in on the biz card. I do some contract work in addition to my full time job, and its helpful to separate expenses. This was what I told the rep on the phone who was able to approve me.

Didn't find a 30k offer anywhere on the biz card so I had to settle for 25k. Also, keep in mind that miles post after first purchase, not upon approval.

Happy to answer further questions from my (minimal) experience, or would love to hear any other experiences with the AS biz card. Planning to churn both of these in 6-9 months.
Do you know if your AS business card got reported to 3 agencies? Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:45 pm

I got the business card no problem but the personal was denied. Now reconsideration requires a letter!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:55 pm

How long did it take for you guys to get your cards? I applied and was instantly approved on 9/5 the 25K miles posted 9/12 and it is now 9/21 and I still haven't gotten the card. The bank claims it was sent to correct address and I still have to wait, however its been 11 business days...
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
If I use this card on Amazon Payments, will it code as a cash advance?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
It shouldn't - that's a normal credit card purchase.

Fair question though, Bank of American just sent out their 'fee crazy' updates for credit cards including the Alaska cards:

5% fee for any cash transaction (ATM cash advance, cash equivalents, over the counter cash advance, same-day online cash advance and wire transfer purchases).

Also, should yet behind the 8 ball regarding credit worthiness, they can bump your APR all the way up to ***29.99%***.

I use my card quite heavily for purchases to collect miles and always pay it down to 0 for the month - credit card interest even in the lower ranges is simply foolishness. But for folks using the card in a way which revenue boosts for Bank of America, it seems like rather a bad deal indeed.

Originally Posted by Preacher7
If I use this card on Amazon Payments, will it code as a cash advance?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by cnn
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Dell Streak Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Do you know if your AS business card got reported to 3 agencies? Thanks.
The pull only went to EXP and combined with the pull for the personal. This was for an app w/in the District of Columbia. I was under the impression that biz cards didn't report to personal credit report (and didn't see one on my report this month). Can you clarify?

Originally Posted by dominik208
How long did it take for you guys to get your cards? I applied and was instantly approved on 9/5 the 25K miles posted 9/12 and it is now 9/21 and I still haven't gotten the card. The bank claims it was sent to correct address and I still have to wait, however its been 11 business days...
Both my cards took about a week to arrive. Miles posted before card arrived on the personal card (biz required a purchase for miles). I will note I had zero relationship with BOA and still got 30K on the personal card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.