Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: DL FO, HH Ag
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I just was automatically approved for my 3rd AS Visa while still holding the first two.
I was wondering about this - I have an AS VISA with an absurdly high credit limit, due to closing my BofA WorldPoints VISA and transferring all that credit to my AS card.

I was wondering if I could split the credit on the one account into two accounts, and get two annual Companion Fares out of the deal. Anybody tried that?

-JimG
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Slow_Mustang
Does anyone have experience with the 'should not have applied for this product in the last 12 months' clause from previous go arounds? Is it stripctly adhered to? I had applied for this card about 10 months back and then cancelled it after keeping it for about 7 months. Can I reapply for the 50K offer and be hopeful? Any suggestions?
+1
A big question for me, as I'm in a similar boat. Can anyone report back that applied for or had the card in the previous 12 mos and was approved for this offer please let us know if you receive the 25k bonus after $1k in spend? I think that May be the only way to know if they are strictly following their t&c.

Hoping someone can hurry up and do that before this offer goes away.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:51 am

I was wondering the same thing. I was looking to apply for both the Lufthansa card and the 50k Alaska Airlines card, so it has to be done today or tomorrow. However I got the Alaska Airlines card three months ago. Would I be better off going after the 25k offer or even 40k offer and not worry too much about the 2k a month in spend just to make sure I can get the bonus?

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
+1
A big question for me, as I'm in a similar boat. Can anyone report back that applied for or had the card in the previous 12 mos and was approved for this offer please let us know if you receive the 25k bonus after $1k in spend? I think that May be the only way to know if they are strictly following their t&c.

Hoping someone can hurry up and do that before this offer goes away.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sound48
I was wondering the same thing. I was looking to apply for both the Lufthansa card and the 50k Alaska Airlines card, so it has to be done today or tomorrow. However I got the Alaska Airlines card three months ago. Would I be better off going after the 25k offer or even 40k offer and not worry too much about the 2k a month in spend just to make sure I can get the bonus?
The AS visa offer ends today or tomorrow? If so, where did you see this as the link I saw only indicated it was "for a limited time only"?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:45 pm

I meant the Lufthansa offer. It ends the 15th. I was looking to apply for both cards the same day.

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
The AS visa offer ends today or tomorrow? If so, where did you see this as the link I saw only indicated it was "for a limited time only"?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
This may sound like a ignorant/silly question, but does anyone know what the approximate credit score would be for these types of credit cards to be approved?

I only use the Alaska BofA debit card which is ending in May of 2014 so I figured its best to switch to a mileage credit card as my all my other credit cards are “non-miles” based and don’t really earn anything.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
My wife and I have a single joint checking account with BofA. We both got approved a for personal and business cards each, but only mine shows up online. Is it possible to add her account to the online login, or does she need a separate one?

Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS, SPG
In 4 1. Approved instantly.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold, UA Gold
Thumbs up great offer

I saw the offer and went ahead right away even though i just closed my checking account w BofA for the reason that i am leaving the country. Approved instantly for $7500 credit line and i did some apporama for 5 cards 3 days ago. I was surprised with the instant approval but def a good one! Just used a cert to OGG thanks to my friend. Will def take advantage of the companion cert to do some wine tasting in Oregon.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by JimGinATL
I was wondering about this - I have an AS VISA with an absurdly high credit limit, due to closing my BofA WorldPoints VISA and transferring all that credit to my AS card.

I was wondering if I could split the credit on the one account into two accounts, and get two annual Companion Fares out of the deal. Anybody tried that?

-JimG
Yes and yes.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:15 pm

Minimum credit limit to lower BOA AS Visa Signature to? Chase = 5K for Visa Sig prods

Recently approved for what I hope is the full 50K offer for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card.

Was extended a 10K credit limit but would rather lower it to 4K. Anyone know how low I can go on the credit limit for this product? Chase-branded Visa Signature cards all seem to have a minimum credit limit of 5K. But from what I recall and understand, the "5K Rule" doesn't seem to always apply outside of Chase.

I regularly lower high auto-extended credit limits in the belief that doing so makes me less of a risk to a particular bank; and so would qualify for more future card products with that bank when a deal comes along. I never carry a balance and have lots of cards from other banks. Seems to work for me.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Ag
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
from what I recall and understand, the "5K Rule" doesn't seem to always apply outside of Chase.
Before I applied for my AS VISA, I was already a BofA customer with a couple of other credit cards, including a WorldPoints VISA. BofA gave me an initial credit limit on the AS VISA of 5K (which I was led to believe is standard for a new account).

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I regularly lower high auto-extended credit limits in the belief that doing so makes me less of a risk to a particular bank
I've heard that the thinking on high limit credit cards has changed in the last several years. It used to be the case that banks were concerned that you might run out and charge all your cards to the limit, which could affect your ability to pay off a new card. Nowadays I think they view the combination of high limit / low balance as a better risk. This basically shows that you have plenty of credit, but that you don't really need it.

Someone who constantly runs their cards up to the limit might be viewed differently, but I don't think there is any reason any more to take an artificially low limit, just to make yourself seem like a better credit risk.

-JimG
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:54 pm

got approved for 3.5k

they told it was the platinum version but id still get the 50k but then another rep said i get 5k

hate india customer service
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mayhem213
got approved for 3.5k

they told it was the platinum version but id still get the 50k but then another rep said i get 5k

hate india customer service
If not a 5K CL and Signature card I would not expect 50K to post.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
If not a 5K CL and Signature card I would not expect 50K to post.
ill just complain till it comes since they told me it will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.