Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How to ask for compenation, and what should we expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to ask for compenation, and what should we expect?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by uoficowboy
As an update: Alaska gave her a $300 voucher. She never e-mailed them or anything - that was just a voluntary compensation on their part. Do you all think that is sufficient? I'm thinking it probably is. (and I'm completely surprised that she got that much)
Way to be proactive AS!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Figured better to resurrect a semi old one than start a new one.......

AS2764 PDX-SEA This morning. Went Mechanical then a plane swap and downgrade from FC (emb175) to a Dash 8. In fairness the UG was complimentary but we did arrive just over 2 hours late. For that reason, I missed a meeting at work and had Uber fare since my Pickup Person had to make it to the meeting. Survey Questions: Any Compensation? What’s reasonable?

thanks
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Figured better to resurrect a semi old one than start a new one.......

AS2764 PDX-SEA This morning. Went Mechanical then a plane swap and downgrade from FC (emb175) to a Dash 8. In fairness the UG was complimentary but we did arrive just over 2 hours late. For that reason, I missed a meeting at work and had Uber fare since my Pickup Person had to make it to the meeting. Survey Questions: Any Compensation? What’s reasonable?

thanks
Survey Says Yes.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by beckoa
Survey Says Yes.
What $ounds Rea$onable in your opinion, Beckoa?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Probably about two fiddy in voucher format.

Edit: Actually probably only $100. It was PDX-SEA.

Neil
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i assume you tried to stand by on earlier options and they were full? there is a flight every 20 minutes.

$100 or 5000 miles seems about right for this type of delay. you probably won't get it proactively...seems that has largely ended except for really long delays. YMMV.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:32 pm

I recently was on a flight SEA to LAX that was delayed two hours for a mechanical problem that caused us to get off the plane after boarding and get on a new plane. All in all it could have been a worse delay but many people on the plane were going to miss a connection in LAX. I was only going for the day, so it did cut my time there short. I emailed with all the info and about a week later got a $75 e-cert, which seemed fair to me.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Free agent!
For some reason the Alaska Delayed/Cancelled Compensation thread has never picked up steam around these parts but it's a nice source to gauge what to expect under various scenarios.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
For some reason the Alaska Delayed/Cancelled Compensation thread has never picked up steam around these parts but it's a nice source to gauge what to expect under various scenarios.
i feel that way too. Perhaps a mod should retitle as a “Consolidated” thread and make it a Sticky.

They Emailed me a $75 code this morning and I called to “bump” them based on the $25 uber fare i wouldnt have otherwise incurred. I also mentioned the Downgrade from U due to the aircraft swap and the Rep said she would send it back for reconsideration.

A pleasant, understanding and appreciative demeanor from me probanly helped.

I’ll update when i hear back from them.

Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:57 pm
vgc

Originally Posted by beckoa
Survey Says Yes.
I dunno. I posted about a cancelled flight last year and more than a couple of people thought I didn't deserve any compensation.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

They Emailed me a $75 code this morning and I called to “bump” them based on the $25 uber fare i wouldnt have otherwise incurred. I also mentioned the Downgrade from U due to the aircraft swap and the Rep said she would send it back for reconsideration.

A pleasant, understanding and appreciative demeanor from me probably helped.

I’ll update when i hear back from them.

My account now shows a code issued today for $150 so, imo the call paid off

Works for me. Back to Loreto I go and one way is almost free.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AS, WN, UA
Approx 2 hours late last month around New Years from LAX - LTO. As the flight initially showed as cancelled and is the only one of the day we were happy it ended up only delayed. Not sure what happened but somehow crew timing out was part of the equation. Didn't think too much more about it but received $75 e-certs, which seemed really nice.
flyupfrnt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.