OLCI Error 322

Old Jan 27, 13, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, United Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite Ambassador
OLCI Error 322

Traveling tomorrow, got online to check-in for my upgraded flight to LAS and after going through all the check-in questions, got an error 322, Airport Check-in Required. That was a new one so I called the Gold line and spoke to a very nice woman who also had never seen that so she looked it up. Evidently, it's something to do with the way AS processed my upgrade. Since it all happens behind the scenes, I thus had to go see someone at PDX tomorrow morning to get it fixed. I'm still in my seat, I can still see everything but nada - no OLCI and she couldn't fix it.

Anyone else have this happen? As a 75k, I never have in a lot of years of flying AS.
Old Jan 27, 13, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UAL MP
On my last flight I got upgraded and it caused me to not be able to check-in online. During the upgrade process the ticket got disassociated with my reservation. I was issued a boarding pass with "flight coupon required." I had to get a flight coupon stapled to my boarding pass from a ticket agent. The flight coupon had value and I was told by numerous agents to NOT lose it.
Old Jan 27, 13, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, United Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite Ambassador
Originally Posted by ununoctium View Post
On my last flight I got upgraded and it caused me to not be able to check-in online. During the upgrade process the ticket got disassociated with my reservation. I was issued a boarding pass with "flight coupon required." I had to get a flight coupon stapled to my boarding pass from a ticket agent. The flight coupon had value and I was told by numerous agents to NOT lose it.
Seems like that's the case here....and if so, something needs fixing as I've been upgraded 4 times already this year and this never occurred.

Does the desk check-in print out boarding passes that will work for Pre-check? I believe that was a problem last year with this which is one of the reasons I always print at home or use the iPhone app.
Old Jan 27, 13, 4:35 pm

Programs: MVPG 75K
I have now had this happen on 6 different flights. It's a little disconcerting, as each time I have been told different things when I call in. Last time, when I got to the gate, my boarding pass said passenger not found, and they had to hold up the line to fix the issue.

I've called, and had no response on what could be happening.
Old Jan 27, 13, 6:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
that happens from time to time for whatever unknown reason when you are upgraded. Ive had it happen now and then. Doesnt seem to be a big deal other than a slight inconvenience
Old Jan 27, 13, 6:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I had it happen on my way back from San Francisco on Jan 1. No ill effects other than needing to wait until the airport to check-in. Also was a flight I was upgraded on.

Neil
Old Jan 27, 13, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

How are you purchasing your tickets? Thru a 3rd party?
Old Jan 27, 13, 10:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Mine was a Delta miles ticket on AS metal.

Neil
Old Jan 28, 13, 12:35 am

Programs: AS MVP, UAL MP
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Mine was through alaskaair.com. Regular ol' cheap coach ticket.
Old Jan 28, 13, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa View Post

Yes, through corporate Amex Travel site.
Old Jan 28, 13, 7:36 am

Error code 322 is a relatively new one and is caused by 2 different reasons - one is (usually) fixable by an agent and the other is not. The only way to know if yours is fixable is to call in and have someone take a look at your ticket. To my knowledge, this error does not generally occur using the ITM so you should be able to get your boarding pass at the machine.

__________________________________________________ _______
The opinions I express are mine alone and are not intended to represent Alaska Airlines in any way.
Old Jan 28, 13, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EskimoGirl View Post
Error code 322 is a relatively new one and is caused by 2 different reasons - one is (usually) fixable by an agent and the other is not. The only way to know if yours is fixable is to call in and have someone take a look at your ticket. To my knowledge, this error does not generally occur using the ITM so you should be able to get your boarding pass at the machine.

__________________________________________________ _______
The opinions I express are mine alone and are not intended to represent Alaska Airlines in any way.
It was fixed by a gate agent this morning....and she thought that the same would occur on the return. So the question remains, if it's a known error (agent called it a glitch), shouldn't it be able to be fixed? After all, every ticket I have been upgraded on this year did not have this error until today. All were purchased the same way.
Old Jan 28, 13, 1:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Portland1k View Post
It was fixed by a gate agent this morning....and she thought that the same would occur on the return. So the question remains, if it's a known error (agent called it a glitch), shouldn't it be able to be fixed? After all, every ticket I have been upgraded on this year did not have this error until today. All were purchased the same way.

It is a known issue and a fix is coming soon. If you run across this error, (as was mentioned above), you can call reservations and ask them to re-associate your PNR to your VCR.
Old Jan 29, 13, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by MagicCarpetRider View Post
re-associate your PNR to your VCR.
I always find this stuff a bit on the interesting side, so for anyone else who cares, check out this post and also the subsequent posts #15-18 for more on PNRs, VCRs, and syncing them (and no, that doesn't mean synchronizing the flashing "12:00" with the atomic clock or anything).
Old Jan 30, 13, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal View Post
I always find this stuff a bit on the interesting side, so for anyone else who cares, check out this post and also the subsequent posts #15-18 for more on PNRs, VCRs, and syncing them (and no, that doesn't mean synchronizing the flashing "12:00" with the atomic clock or anything).
Interesting....I find the note "There's a known glitch of tickets not revalidating for MVP and MVP Gold's who were upgraded and are not able to check-in on a kiosk or the web" exactly the case here and that was something known in 2009. So, sounds like a Sabre issue which makes sense since for the first time in a long while, this particular ticket generated a note from Amex Travel (our agency which uses Sabre) stating that my flight had a change applied to it and to check with the airline. The change, of course, was an upgrade. Odd that I had not received such a message in many years and hundreds of upgrades on AS.

Search this Thread