Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by beckoa
As an MVPG your SDC fee ($25) is waived as well.
I did an SDC a few days ago, on an award ticket where I was traveling with a no-status companion. I was surprised that we weren't charged any SDC fee. In the past, I recall having the $25 waived for myself (status), but not for the companion.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:47 pm

Are VX flights available for SDC yet?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

VX flights i was able to same-day change to another VX flight only for $25 confirmed, free for standby. Have to call VX callcenter to process same-day change, and can only call after midnight same-day for them to be able to do it.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:24 pm

What about VX to AS?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nomii
VX flights i was able to same-day change to another VX flight only for $25 confirmed, free for standby. Have to call VX callcenter to process same-day change, and can only call after midnight same-day for them to be able to do it.
Yikes, after midnight? I think 10 pm is bad enough on AS...often when I want to change it's because I booked a crack of dawn flight because it was cheaper, and now I want to sleep in - staying up to make the change sort of ruins that.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
What about VX to AS?
A: No
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
What about VX to AS?
I called Gold line today asking about this question. Answer, still No.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: United, Marriott
Did a same day confirmed change last night at 10pm before I went to bed, and now my return flight is canceled. I get a crappy seat on the outbound flight later today.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
The rules seem to indicate if you have a flight XXX-YYY nonstop that you cannot SDC to a connecting flight.

"You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed."

In my case all of the nonstops tomorrow are 100% sold out but there is space on later flights with a connection. However I am correct in understanding that you cannot SDC from a nonstop to a connecting flight (even if all the nonstops are full and the connecting flights are offered as an option when booking tickets?)
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by SamuelS
The rules seem to indicate if you have a flight XXX-YYY nonstop that you cannot SDC to a connecting flight.

"You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed."

In my case all of the nonstops tomorrow are 100% sold out but there is space on later flights with a connection. However I am correct in understanding that you cannot SDC from a nonstop to a connecting flight (even if all the nonstops are full and the connecting flights are offered as an option when booking tickets?)
Correct. That has been my experience.
I have found that If I book BOI>PDX I cannot SDC into BOI>SEA>PDX.
Now with that said I have been able to call(not in the app) and SDC BOI>SEA>PDX into BOI>PDX.

Last edited by Idaho Territory; Apr 16, 2017 at 11:52 am Reason: Messed up my routing.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
Correct. That has been my experience.
I have found that If I book BOI>PDX I cannot SDC into BOI>PDX>SEA.
Now with that said I have been able to call(not in the app) and SDC BOI>PDX>SEA into BOI>PDX.
That's odd. Why would you want to end up in a different place?

I'm booked later this week EUG>SEA>BOI at the crack of dawn and want to change it to later, but the flight is full (it's the EUG>SEA flight that is the problem, not the SEA>BOI). I'm going to see if they'll let me do EUG>PDX>BOI instead which is available (BOI seems very popular this week )
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
I fixed it now. Thats what I get for talking to another person and typing at the same time.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
That's odd. Why would you want to end up in a different place?

I'm booked later this week EUG>SEA>BOI at the crack of dawn and want to change it to later, but the flight is full (it's the EUG>SEA flight that is the problem, not the SEA>BOI). I'm going to see if they'll let me do EUG>PDX>BOI instead which is available (BOI seems very popular this week )
A lot can change between now and 'later this week'. I don't think they'll allow the PDX layover based on the rules, but it never hurts to ask...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
What about VX to AS?
A: No
Originally Posted by BarryL
I called Gold line today asking about this question. Answer, still No.
The exception is IROPS, I've been switched over to VX flights from all-AS ones (and subsequently to VX-AS) by going into the call center. That being said, SEA is not likely to see much snow for a while...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:22 pm

I have to admit I've never did a SDC on-line, I've always called, so if you want to do it on line I would...

1) not check in 24 hours in advance

2) after 10 pm pull up the res and click "change"

3) if I can't figure it out, then call?

Since our original flight is 5-something a.m. I hate having to be up after 10 p.m. to do this, if I can't make the change I have to be up around 3 to make the flight, ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.