Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by xliioper
The TSA fee has been $5.60 one-way now for many years (there's no extra charge for extra hops). It's the Passenger Facility Charge (PFC - $4.50 for most airports) and the US segment tax (currently $4.30 -- it auto-increments by .10 every year) that are supposed to be collected for adding a hop. These max out at 2 segments per one-way direction.
Explains my $8.80 in additional fees each time I do this. 🍺
Old Jun 30, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by burningflames
Anyone have experience with same day co-terminal changes if it requires having a connection?
I have a nonstop LIH-SJC flight but SFO would be more convenient for me. Unfortunately AS doesn't fly nonstop LIH-SFO so I'd need to fly via SEA or SAN. How accommodating would AS be for this?
It depends on the rules associated with your ticket (eg could be nonstop only). Also, by flying LIH-SAN/SEA-SFO, you’re adding an additional ~ 3+ hours to avoid a 45 min trip via car.

You can try! Let us know how it goes. 🤙🏻
Old Jun 30, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 985X
They don't. AA has only 3 direct flights everyday (except Saturday only 2 daily flights). AA is very strict about SDC. You have to stick to original routing and connection airports (if any). You can't SDC a LAX-ELP direct flight to LAX-DFW/PHX-ELP, unless there are IRROPs. Although AS has the same SDC rules as AA, sometimes they are lenient to elite members, you can *possibly* SDC LAX-SEA direct flight on AS to LAX-PDX-SEA.
oh that changes everything, I thought book lax-phx/dfw-elp then sdc to non-stop. now I need to look at a bit more then. I am not too concern about upgrades though, the f&b offerings are pretty basic on most routes.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Does anyone know how a SDC would work for a "two-day itinerary?" (Or maybe it wouldn't work?)

I'm looking at a two-segment itinerary that has an overnight in Seattle. The first segment (Day 1) from the east coast arrives into Seattle after the last flight for the second segment departs for the night (verified on GF); thus, AS offers an itinerary with the second segment the next morning (Day 2). I was thinking/hoping maybe it'd be possible to SDC both segments to Day 1.

I'm aware some airlines would allow this (either intentionally or unintentionally), and some wouldn't. Anyone have thoughts?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:33 am

I was able to book into U with a GGU for IAD-SEA on the 7:42am. I want to SDC to the evening flight. Will I be able to do this at checkin for the 7:42am flight? Or do I have to wait until the checkin window opens for the later flight?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by bcampbell1324
I was able to book into U with a GGU for IAD-SEA on the 7:42am. I want to SDC to the evening flight. Will I be able to do this at checkin for the 7:42am flight? Or do I have to wait until the checkin window opens for the later flight?
You can do it at check-in for the 7:42am flight.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by bcampbell1324
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
You can do it at check-in for the 7:42am flight.
I believe you will only keep your GGU upgrade if U space is available on the new flight. Otherwise, AS will put you in the Main Cabin.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
You can do it at check-in for the 7:42am flight
this; the system will give you “change to an earlier flight” and “change to a later flight” options

Originally Posted by anteater
I believe you will only keep your GGU upgrade if U space is available on the new flight. Otherwise, AS will put you in the Main Cabin.
this, as amended
anteater likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 985X
You know, I'm the type of crazy kid that flew 55hrs in UA Y from Shanghai to LA via GUM, TKK, PNI, KSA, KWA, MAJ, HNL, SFO, EWR. I did the island hopper back when I was 20, upon landing in HNL, since the UA155 was delayed, the checkin kiosk offered me changing to other earlier flights to LAX for free as sort of compensation. Initially I was on HNL-LAX direct flight, then I asked agent if I could reroute on HNL-SFO-SNA since SNA is closer to my school, the agent said all flights to SFO were full. Then I checked the departure board for some ideas, and noticed UA14 to EWR. I thought screw it let me do this. Another agent said she always works for this flight and she loves this flight, so she helped me changed HNL-LAX to HNL-EWR-SNA. She was so nice, even blocked the seat next to me so I could have a good rest knowing that I came all the way from PVG to HNL on 737s. The HNL-EWR had to make a stop in SFO to switch crew due to inbound delay and crew timeout. By the time I arrived EWR, the SNA flight already left. Then I asked agent to rebook me on the following EWR-SNA direct flight, no more drama because I was so tired. After landed in SNA, I went back to dorm and my friend helped me moving in to another dorm. I still don't know how I managed to do that without collapsing. So yeah, I flew 14k miles within 55hrs on UA before, and I did 3X LAX-SEA-BOS-SEA-LAX-SEA-BOS-SEA-LAX for 48hrs straight last year, 5X LAX-SEA-JFK-SEA-BUR-SEA-JFK-SEA-LAX for 48hrs straight over the last two months, LAX-PDX-SEA-FAI-ANC-LAX within 24hrs would just be a piece of cake for me
Definitely OT, but currently planning a few EWR-LAX-ANC-FAI turnarounds in Jan/Feb if you want to come alongyou seem like someone who'll have fun with me
985X likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
Definitely OT, but currently planning a few EWR-LAX-ANC-FAI turnarounds in Jan/Feb if you want to come alongyou seem like someone who'll have fun with me
I would be interested! DM me the route details please!
tobikosan likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Can I (75K) SDC to earlier flights, if my one-stop itinerary involves an overnight?

SFO-SEA-DEN

SFO-SEA arrives 11pm
SEA-DEN departs 6am next day

Or am I unable to SDC because the second leg is not on the same calendar day as the new flight?

Ideally aiming to change to SFO-SEA-DEN all on same day.

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by mixmastermark
Can I (75K) SDC to earlier flights, if my one-stop itinerary involves an overnight?

SFO-SEA-DEN

SFO-SEA arrives 11pm

Or am I unable to SDC because the second leg is not on the same calendar day as the new flight?

Thanks!
I don’t have experience with that SDC type, but I would imagine so if it’s a single ticket because SDC abilities start once T-24 of check-in.

Let us know how it goes!
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mixmastermark

SFO-SEA-DEN

SFO-SEA arrives 11pm

Thanks!
In my experience if the time between flights is over 4 hours they will not allow you to SDC.
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Interesting. Thanks!

Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Same day changes only allow earlier or later same day flights with one exception. For flights that depart between midnight & 4:00 am, you can SDC to the day prior.

Airport changes including co-terminals, changing from a non-stop to a connection or a connection to a non-stop are not a SDC.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.