Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by yerffej201
any chance alaska can waive the sdc fee for MVP? (not mvp gold)
depends but generally no.

No way in any status when booked in basic economy. A minuscule chance when booked in main cabin and higher booking class if flight you are originally booked is oversold (These post COVID days, oversold flight is so rare) or flight day in question has higher chance for flight cancellations (weather, ATC, etc).

Jiburi
Old May 4, 2021, 1:23 pm

do you get free SDC if you are EXP? On the alaska site it says your routing has to be the same, but I read somewhere that you can go from a one-stop itinerary to non-stop?
Old May 5, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Yes
Is it possible to exercise a SDC on a return leg of an itinerary if you have not yet completed the original leg? For example, if the outbound is Day 1 SFO-SEA-SAN, the return is Day 2 SAN-SEA, and while waiting at SEA I would like to exercise a SDC for a different flight on SAN-SEA.

When I contacted AS, the agent seemed to think they cannot modify a RT ticket until the outbound has been completed. So, I would have to wait until I land at SAN, which would leave me fewer choices for SDC's, especially on busy travel days. Their recommendation was to simply book future trips as one ways rather than RT.

I am open to suggestions on how to achieve this.

Last edited by anteater; May 5, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Old May 5, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
once OLCI opens at T-24, you should be able to use the options that appear in the app ("Change to an earlier flight" or "Change to a later flight") when you click "Check In"
anteater likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
once OLCI opens at T-24, you should be able to use the options that appear in the app ("Change to an earlier flight" or "Change to a later flight") when you click "Check In"
Thanks, I’ll check it out and report back. I don’t ever recall seeing my return leg present under SDC, unless the return leg flight is at T-24, and my use case here is slightly > T-24. 🤞🏻
Old May 5, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
Thanks, I’ll check it out and report back. I don’t ever recall seeing my return leg present under SDC, unless the return leg flight is at T-24, and my use case here is slightly > T-24. 🤞🏻
When you check-in for SFO-SEA, you will also be checked-in for SEA-SAN if the connection is <= 4 hours. You will get your boarding pass for the down line segment even though it is outside the 24hr check-in window for the flight. You won't be able to see the waitlist until 24 hours before, however. You can't SDC the return until check-in for the flight opens.

When OLCI opens for SAN-SEA, check-in from that flight tab in your itinerary. If there are earlier segments that you can still check-in for, whether checked in or not, you will be prompted asking if you want to check-in for all prior segment(s). Say no to check-in for SAN-SEA only. See if you are able to SDC that segment independently.

James
simonsuo likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Similar questions, my multi-city trip is LAX-SJC, stop over, SJC-FAI, and my return is FAI-ANC-LAX.
For SDC for my return, I want to change it to FAI-ANC-PDX-ONT (FAI-ANC unchanged).
Provided adding a stop and co-terminal change is allowed, do I request the change 24 hours before my original ANC-LAX lag?
Old May 8, 2021, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Similar questions, my multi-city trip is LAX-SJC, stop over, SJC-FAI, and my return is FAI-ANC-LAX.
For SDC for my return, I want to change it to FAI-ANC-PDX-ONT (FAI-ANC unchanged).
Provided adding a stop and co-terminal change is allowed, do I request the change 24 hours before my original ANC-LAX lag?
I have done this before on different routing than yours, but I have never been able to get them to touch the return itinerary prior to completion of the outbound itinerary.

All you need to do is wait until T-24 for FAI (your return leg) and have completed your outbound (LAX SJC FAI).
simonsuo likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Trying changing my connection city yesterday via SDC and had no issues changing FAI-ANC-LAX-PDX to FAI-ANC-PHX-PDX. I got more EQMs via PHX and for some reason even as an MVPG, I couldn't get a Premium Class seat and was too far down the upgrade list to make it into First and ANC-PHX was lightly loaded so I knew switching would easily get me into Premium Class. About 1-2 hours after SDC to my new flights, I got notified that I had been upgraded into First on ANC-PHX so I'm an even bigger fan of SDC--the agents are amazing. It sounds like I could have even gotten FAI-ANC-PHX-SEA-PDX, but I didn't have the extra time.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by yerffej201
do you get free SDC if you are EXP?
Anyone have clarity on whether the $50 fee is waived for EPs? The website still only mentions MVPG+?

Thanks
Old May 20, 2021, 1:09 pm

If I booked a ticket with BOA companion pass and I'm 75k and my companion has no status, can I still utilize SDC for both of us?
Old May 20, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
If I booked a ticket with BOA companion pass and I'm 75k and my companion has no status, can I still utilize SDC for both of us?
Companions traveling on same reservations w/ Gold or 75K status are also eligible to SDC at no charge.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Companions traveling on same reservations w/ Gold or 75K status are also eligible to SDC at no charge.
Do you have to call in for this? I recently did it for a companion via the app and was charged $25.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Originally Posted by swgsword
Anyone have clarity on whether the $50 fee is waived for EPs? The website still only mentions MVPG+?

Thanks
Indeed the website needs to be updated. The SDC service charge is waived for:

• Alaska Gold, Gold 75K Mileage Plan members, and oneworld Sapphire and oneworld Emerald members, including travelers in the same PNR (not including Group PNRs)

• Customers confirmed in J, D, or Y class
Old May 25, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Very interesting SDC experience the past weekend.
Seg 1, original LAX-SJC, changed to LAX-SFO
Seg 2, original SJC-SEA-FAI, changed to earlier SFO-SEA-FAI
Seg 3, orignal FAI-ANC-LAX, changed to later FAI-ANC-SEA-ONT, changed again to FAI-ANC-PDX-ONT

First change was easy, agent need to go back and confirm because it's a co-terminal change.
Second change was a little difficult, because SFO-SEA I want is sold out in main, but 2 F open. I don't know what magic the agent did, I was waitlist in main first, very quickly moved to PC, then to FC in less 1 hour.
Third was very hard.
Attempt 1, calling reservations.
1. It's a new agent, don't even know SDC can do co-terminal change.
2. I am adding one more segment.
3. My original flights all departs before midnight, now it is spreading into 2 calendar days.
After 20+ minutes, another agent took over without me asking. I believe the second one is a much more experienced one. After another 20+ minutes, finally done, with collection additional $4+ extra in fees.
Attempt 2, move up the FAI-ANC shuttle.
The check in agent was even newer, all she can is to move my FAI-ANC up. And even with that, she went back and after 10 minutes, came back with my newer boarding bass apologizing she was new there.
Attempt 3, final change to the routing.
There was no CS agent in ANC at the very busy evening departure rush hour! My calls to reservations keep dropping, and each call back is longer until it's over 1 hour even for Gold. I caught a GA finishing up boarding a flight, and asked him to help out. I told him my calls were keeping dropping, at one point, I was so close to finish things up, but the phone agent took forever to even load a seat map. He called using the phone at the gate to some special number I assume, route changed after about 5-10 minutes on the line with them. However, false promise I was on the upgrade list though.

Eventually, I did see glitches in the app for sure, like I had two FAI-ANC back to back at the same time etc, but I was happy I got on the itinerary I like, otherwise I'll need to pay a lot $$$ even at the time of booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.