Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Old Mar 9, 19, 4:32 pm
  #181  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Between SFO and STS
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Posts: 727
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Are you not allowed to SDC between flight operated by Horizon Air and AS?
You should be able to SDC freely between AS/QX/OO. And apparently now with connections.
DrAlex is offline  
Old Mar 9, 19, 5:02 pm
  #182  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 14,504
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
No pushback. Asked for earlier flight to LAX and was given the connecting options. Just take some time to rebuild the reservation and pay the tax over the phone
ok, this is an interesting data point ... I have DCA-LAX-SEA in a couple weeks, but DCA-SEA an hour earlier would be nice (yeah, I know, AS1 is a really high-demand flight :/ )
jrl767 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 19, 5:56 pm
  #183  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,553
Originally Posted by DrAlex View Post
You should be able to SDC freely between AS/QX/OO. And apparently now with connections.
Ok, that's good to hear. I have a some flights booked and I'm counting on the flexibility.

Technically the website says they must be "operated by AS", which Horizon flights are not.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:20 pm
  #184  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Posts: 3,674
Need to pay extra tax for connecting flight and new e-ticket was issued with receipt. Book into Y class.

Since it is a new e-ticket via exchange, wondering if Y class mileage will be posted.

standard sdc does not generate a new e-ticket numbwr?
pbd456 is online now  
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:24 pm
  #185  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Posts: 3,674
There is only one flight per day on Bos LAX, so connection was offered if I want to get to LAX earlier . I doubt if they let people to do connection for the sake of mileage running.
pbd456 is online now  
Old Mar 10, 19, 6:41 am
  #186  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BOS/ORH
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 18,067
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
There is only one flight per day on Bos LAX, so connection was offered if I want to get to LAX earlier . I doubt if they let people to do connection for the sake of mileage running.
I need to try that, what was the option you got? SFO?

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
Since it is a new e-ticket via exchange, wondering if Y class mileage will be posted.
Nope, The original booking class is still noted for example I was rebooked into Y due to storm cancellation and only received normal miles
Quinlanty likes this.
CDKing is offline  
Old Mar 10, 19, 8:44 am
  #187  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Posts: 3,674
Sea. The option that gets me to LAX earlist according to Ita
pbd456 is online now  
Old Mar 19, 19, 12:43 pm
  #188  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,047
can you SDC to a different coterminal? like SJC to SFO?
yerffej201 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 12:48 pm
  #189  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
can you SDC to a different coterminal? like SJC to SFO?
Per SDC rules, no. Per folks' experiences here, possibly. Try calling at T-24 and an agent might be willing to do it for you, but sounds like YMMV.
be_rettSEA is offline  
Old Mar 19, 19, 12:50 pm
  #190  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,706
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
can you SDC to a different coterminal? like SJC to SFO?
No, co-terminals are not permitted. From the AS website.

Same day confirmed flight change?

To qualify for a same day confirmed change:
  • You must be holding confirmed reservations and tickets for flights operated by Alaska Airlines.
  • You must request the change prior to the departure of your original flight.
  • You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
  • Your new desired flight must depart on the same calendar day as your originally scheduled flight.

James
Flying for Fun is online now  
Old Mar 21, 19, 4:06 am
  #191  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,553
These rules seem to be not enforced though
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Mar 23, 19, 10:58 am
  #192  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FL35
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, AS MVPG 75K, UA PM, MR Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Posts: 359
Interesting to see these posts - I called in and SDC'd last week. I was booked on a morning nonstop & the evening nonstop that day was full. The agent offered me a connecting flight for just extra taxes - I did not even ask. First time ever I've had an AS agent proactively offer it to me. If this new flexible policy is actually a real consistent change, this is a VERY positive enhancement IMHO. Their network is bigger and it was always annoying to be locked into one routing when there are more options now.

I'm not sure if this policy also allows to go from connecting to non-stop. I have a connecting flight soon and would love to get on the nonstop if possible. Going to call and try for SDC onto the nonstop on DoD.

Last edited by BallardFlyer; Mar 23, 19 at 10:59 am Reason: clarity
BallardFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 23, 19, 10:47 pm
  #193  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: AAdvantage (peon)
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
can you SDC to a different coterminal? like SJC to SFO?
AS seems to have conflicting rules. As others have mentioned the general rules say "Co-terminal changes are not allowed." but if I look at the fare rules for JFK-SJC (for a First Class "P" fare) it says "D. SAME DAY CONFIRMED FLIGHT CHANGE AVAILABLE ONLY FOR IDENTICAL ROUTINGS -SAME ORIGIN / DESTINATION/ CONNECTION / THRU CITY IF APPLICABLE . CHANGES BETWEEN CO-TERMINALS ARE ALLOWED FOR SFO/OAK/SJC AND LAX/SNA/BUR/ONT. . ".
armus is offline  
Old Mar 24, 19, 5:21 pm
  #194  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 28
Hey—sorry for what is quite probably a dumb question: I'm flying into SEA from LHR on BA, arriving the 22nd April at 11:30am, and looking to book a separate connecting flight with Alaska to PDX. I would've booked a codeshare on the same ticket but it added another $600-ish.

Considering immigration and re-clearing security will probably take a couple of hours (I'm not eligible for Global Entry and will be entering on a new passport and new ESTA), there are 10 flights later that day that I could take. My preferred flights would likely be at 2:10pm, 3:15pm, and 4:20pm, but they are much more expensive ($140+) than flights earlier and later in the day ($59).

Would it be wise (and, indeed, possible), to book, say, the $59 flight departing at 6:50am, (knowing there's no chance I'll make it as I'll be somewhere over Nunavut) and at 6:50am the day before, pay $25 and change this to an afternoon/early evening flight that has seats free? I would think that with 10 flights in total, even on such a busy route, there would at least be a seat available, or is that a risky assumption?

Many thanks for any input! I'm in the process of moving to Vancouver, BC, so I suspect I'll be back to this very subforum soon before too long.
saccosekk is online now  
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:17 pm
  #195  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SEA
Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 7,496
Originally Posted by saccosekk View Post
Hey—sorry for what is quite probably a dumb question: I'm flying into SEA from LHR on BA, arriving the 22nd April at 11:30am, and looking to book a separate connecting flight with Alaska to PDX. I would've booked a codeshare on the same ticket but it added another $600-ish.

Considering immigration and re-clearing security will probably take a couple of hours (I'm not eligible for Global Entry and will be entering on a new passport and new ESTA), there are 10 flights later that day that I could take. My preferred flights would likely be at 2:10pm, 3:15pm, and 4:20pm, but they are much more expensive ($140+) than flights earlier and later in the day ($59).

Would it be wise (and, indeed, possible), to book, say, the $59 flight departing at 6:50am, (knowing there's no chance I'll make it as I'll be somewhere over Nunavut) and at 6:50am the day before, pay $25 and change this to an afternoon/early evening flight that has seats free? I would think that with 10 flights in total, even on such a busy route, there would at least be a seat available, or is that a risky assumption?

Many thanks for any input! I'm in the process of moving to Vancouver, BC, so I suspect I'll be back to this very subforum soon before too long.
I would recommend booking the last flight of the day and then using SDC/standby to get on your preferred flight once you arrive in SEA. Immigration lines and flight delays can be unpredictable...
williwaw likes this.
PVDtoDEL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: