Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jrl767

your profile doesn’t indicate AS status, so SDC will cost you $50 ... which means you would be paying MORE (albeit only $2) than the price of a seat on the later flight to begin with

I obviously can’t speak to how much value you put on your time, but I generally book for lowest risk of disruption

I’ve been able to SDC at LAX as late as ~T-40 minutes ... but with no line at the MVPG/FC check-in counter
Thanks. No status. Yeah, I could book for $113 and have a four hour connection. That may be the sensible thing to do, though longer than I want.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I booked BOS SFO on AS with once per day flight at 6pm.
Can SDC be used by 75k to do BOS SEA/PDX SFO earlier in the morning?

routing change is not allowed by rule, but at least in this case, there is no other flight and it does make sense if they want elite to use the benefits.
Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by pbd456
I booked BOS SFO on AS with once per day flight at 6pm.
Can SDC be used by 75k to do BOS SEA/PDX SFO earlier in the morning?

routing change is not allowed by rule, but at least in this case, there is no other flight and it does make sense if they want elite to use the benefits.
Thanks
I have been told changing routing is possible now by CSR despite policy on the web. But I’ve not tested it yet in reality....
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by williwaw

I have been told changing routing is possible now by CSR despite policy on the web. But I’ve not tested it yet in reality....
just a correction. it is lax, once daily bos lax at 6:30pm. find it strange that there is only one flight per day. anyways. thanks.
i will test out in march.

when there are multiple flights per day, it makes sense for no routing change. however, it is not the case for the market like bos lax when it is a major market but yet
only 1 flight.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
YMMV for routing changes.

Officially no. But I've seen some things done...
soartoday and williwaw like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:01 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
SDC from early morning/red-eye flights?

The website used to list some exceptions for SDC from red-eye/early a.m. flights. I don't see this anymore.

I am wondering, if I book a 6 a.m. SEA - ANC flight, would I be able to SDC to the 11:15 p.m. flight the night before? (i.e. less than 7 hours earlier?)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same calendar day is still a requirement
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:17 pm

Detailed here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...flight-changes
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Same calendar day is still a requirement
If it's a requirement, it actually is a *new* requirement, because early a.m./red-eyes used to have special exceptions, thus my question. Even as recently as summer/fall, I know I was presented with options that were not same calendar day, I just don't remember the time cutoffs for those options.

Yes, thanks, reviewing that led me to my questions.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That page (near the top) has the same calendar day requirement

You may request a same day confirmed flight change any time during the check-in window for your flight. Your new flight must depart on the same calendar day as the original departure.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That page (near the top) has the same calendar day requirement
Thanks @VegasGambler. Again, my question wasn't what does the website currently say...that I had already reviewed. What I really meant to be asking is if the same exceptions for red-eyes and early morning departures still applied, since that verbiage seems to have disappeared. I guess we can assume, based on the disappearance from the website, that there is no longer any flexibility for red-eye flights.

For those that are interested, I found an email discussion that I had with friends as of May 2018 regarding this very issue, and here is what I had copied from the website at that time:

For "red-eye" flight departing between 12:00 a.m. and 3:59 a.m., the new desired flight may depart as early as 10:00 p.m. on the day prior to your original departure.
It seems that the red-eye exceptions are no longer honored; in any case, a 6 a.m. departure would not have qualified for them anyway. Still curious what is seen in practice, what the app/website spit out in practice at times has varied from the official policy.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:02 pm

My wife tried to make a SDC on a flight that left right after midnight to one before midnight and had no luck. The CSR was kind, she acknowledged it seemed nuts, but that was the rule. That said - never hurts to call and try. But it appears you are exploring options, so this might all be hypothetical.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:28 pm

My wife tried to make a SDC on a flight that left right after midnight to one before midnight and had no luck. The CSR was kind, she acknowledged it seemed nuts, but that was the rule. That said - never hurts to call and try. But it appears you are exploring options, so this might all be hypothetical.
Yes, hypothetical situation, to know how much flexibility I can plan for. I have gotten tremendous benefit from the ability to SDC over the past couple of years. Will plan accordingly for this trip. Thanks.
williwaw likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:26 am

No pushback. Asked for earlier flight to LAX and was given the connecting options. Just take some time to rebuild the reservation and pay the tax over the phone
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you not allowed to SDC between flight operated by Horizon Air and AS?

If not that really puts a dent in this benefit since SDCs are most useful on shuttles and a lot of the shuttle flights have several Horizon flights per day.

Also it would mean that I need to rebook some flights (possibly on a different airline)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.